Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Planes???  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Zobelle

• Members
Re: Planes???
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2019, 05:28:53 AM »
Any accounting done as to how many models available on UM vs new orders?

Offline saetta

• Members
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2019, 05:48:00 AM »
barcelona dead with slots, very interesting to see what happens . All the airlines there Including mine have orders to be delivered soon with nowhere to go

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2019, 05:53:25 AM »
Any accounting done as to how many models available on UM vs new orders?

There may be about 4 different useful models on UM and about 4-5 useful models that can be ordered as new that are in production, + another 3-4 new models not yet in production.

Actually, the above was in terms of production lines, not models

So for 500 players, entirely insufficient if the production lines stay in 10-20 production rate per month.  People will just get too frustrated to play.

Anyone placing their first order for DC-6 now will get it delivered in 18 months, which will probably double in next 48 hours.

Offline Jake S

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2019, 08:37:57 AM »
I am honestly just looking forward to the Antonov AN-10A, the most underrated plane in this game to become available so i can get rid of these stupid DC-6's and Boeing planes ;)

"People who invest in aviation are the biggest suckers in the world."

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2019, 08:49:18 AM »
I am honestly just looking forward to the Antonov AN-10A, the most underrated plane in this game to become available so i can get rid of these stupid DC-6's and Boeing planes ;)

Antonov 10? Nah... Il-18!

Offline Jake S

• Members
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2019, 10:35:14 AM »
Antonov 10? Nah... Il-18!
The AN-10A performed way better for me last GW2, guess it couldn't hurt to try again tho ???

"People who invest in aviation are the biggest suckers in the world."

Offline Randallator

• Members
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2019, 01:11:21 PM »
I'm more worried about slots, honestly. More fleet groups in the early years is not a killer, provided you are using your planes correctly, and provided you have an exit plan. But Some hours of the day are already slotlocked in VVTS, and that's gonna be a problem. I don't even want to think about the big airports with 8 companies or so.

A start at 700 is more fair, IMHO. Everyone is on the same starting line, and you have to push hard to be amongst the winners. A start at 250 would be completely unfair, with most players arriving too late, with all the juicy lanes busy. The drawback is that agood part of the game dynamics is played during the first years, but it's like Grand Prix Racing or a 4X : start is really important.
Dublin (EIDW) has no almost no daytime slots, and the only ones available everyday are in the 9-10pm and 11pm-12am times

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »
Dublin (EIDW) has no almost no daytime slots, and the only ones available everyday are in the 9-10pm and 11pm-12am times

I know it's not really funny, but you got to be on the hunt for slot releases as well. They happen once in a while, a few at a time.
Since the beginning of the game, as an example, Oslo went from 3 per hour to 12 per hour, with 3 releases of 3 per hour each time.

slickwillbo

• Former member
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »
AMS is the same way. I got 18 planes on order and no slots.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2019, 10:08:40 PM »
AMS is the same way. I got 18 planes on order and no slots.
A restart in Rotterdam is in order then.  ;D

slickwillbo

• Former member
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2019, 10:17:30 PM »
A restart in Rotterdam is in order then.  ;D

Great idea! You first  ;D

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2019, 10:30:10 PM »
Great idea! You first  ;D

Nah. You can have it all to yourself. :D

Offline saetta

• Members
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2019, 01:48:03 AM »
I guess i am going to watch the trees grow …absolutely no slots in Barcelona . It's a whole new strategy ..never seen this so acute before . Fortunately i have a bit more then my competitors . I guess its a good time to bank money for plane purchases …if you can get those !!

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2019, 02:10:01 AM »
I guess i am going to watch the trees grow …absolutely no slots in Barcelona . It's a whole new strategy ..never seen this so acute before . Fortunately i have a bit more then my competitors . I guess its a good time to bank money for plane purchases …if you can get those !!
30 month wait for DC6’s

These machines will be scrap metal by the time some get theirs if it gets any worse.

Offline saetta

• Members
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2019, 02:19:05 AM »
Not a fan of the DC 6 which is a minority opinion . In real life it was an excellent prop, but in the game it was never stellar for me . so crocodile tears for those who insist on buying it at this point , they will be giving them away in 3 to 4 years

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2019, 02:31:43 AM »
Not a fan of the DC 6 which is a minority opinion . In real life it was an excellent prop, but in the game it was never stellar for me . so crocodile tears for those who insist on buying it at this point , they will be giving them away in 3 to 4 years

That’s just the thing, the new range calculations (Or at least better transparency) has now made it where tech stops are a necessary evil even for the simplest LHR-JFK flight, despite a larger penalty imposed on props due to their slow cruise speed.

I don’t see Jets being the preferred choice for many until the “too small” warnings start popping up in mass quantities or at least until higher range jets are in production. As usual, I won’t be buying into the long range piston prop. :)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2019, 03:05:47 AM »
30 month wait for DC6’s

These machines will be scrap metal by the time some get theirs if it gets any worse.

My prediction was that the 18 month wait would double to 36 month wait in 48 hours.

It seems I was conservative and it will have doubled in 24 hours.  My prediction:

Anyone placing their first order for DC-6 now will get it delivered in 18 months, which will probably double in next 48 hours.

What seems to be happening is that the algorithm that controls production rate of the production line is riddled with hard coded preferences, penalties, exceptions that prevents it from working independently and impartially.

The evidence: The DC-6 production line increased from 16 not to 72, to match the demand, but to 17  :o :o :o

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2019, 03:48:08 AM »
My prediction was that the 18 month wait would double to 36 month wait in 48 hours.

It seems I was conservative and it will have doubled in 24 hours.  My prediction:

What seems to be happening is that the algorithm that controls production rate of the production line is riddled with hard coded preferences, penalties, exceptions that prevents it from working independently and impartially.

The evidence: The DC-6 production line increased from 16 not to 72, to match the demand, but to 17  :o :o :o

18 per month now

Offline saetta

• Members
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2019, 05:01:47 AM »
Planes are not that important without slots. There many ways to skin a cat with planes, but nothing gets around a severe shortage of slots . What are all those airlines going to do with a bunch of expensive new planes and nowhere to fly them. Going to a second and third base, alleviates the problem, but only in a minor way. I don't know if any of you have seen this lack of slots phenomena before ….is it that there are too many players!? If That is the case we will be lingering for a while cus even marginal companies can linger for a long time 

Offline DanDan

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2019, 05:14:48 AM »
Planes are not that important without slots. There many ways to skin a cat with planes, but nothing gets around a severe shortage of slots . What are all those airlines going to do with a bunch of expensive new planes and nowhere to fly them. Going to a second and third base, alleviates the problem, but only in a minor way. I don't know if any of you have seen this lack of slots phenomena before ….is it that there are too many players!? If That is the case we will be lingering for a while cus even marginal companies can linger for a long time

i doubt that i have seen this slot-problem... i dont think its because of too many players; i assume its due to the new traffic/infrastructure-thing. and although its unrealistic, i think it is really interesting. creates a new dimension

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.