Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Planes???  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Oscjo290

• Members
Re: Planes???
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 11:45:22 PM »
we are still with 6 slots per hour at YYZ and very hard scheduling now that it hasent icreased yet

Offline saetta

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2019, 06:31:22 AM »
Sorry guys but I don't understand  all of the griping. I have had no problem getting decent used planes..might not be DC 6 and CNV. which in my humble opinion are overrated anyway …there are alternatives out there , most the current used planes, should not be leased for more then 2 or 3 years, when then some of the better planes start to come out. There are some new types at the moment that can be profitable for 3 cycles ( 24 years ) I hope we don't all stampede that way.

Offline tungstennedge

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2019, 07:09:39 AM »
This is wack. I sort by planes bigger than 40 seats and literally zero results. Not fun.

Offline saetta

• Members
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2019, 07:47:39 AM »
I think the airport slot situation will be more critical then the lack of aircraft .

Offline tungstennedge

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2019, 07:51:54 AM »
depend on what airport i guess

Offline Oscjo290

• Members
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2019, 07:54:47 AM »
yep still 6/h in an airport with 8 people

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2019, 08:59:42 AM »
There is a big difference between 2010 and 1955. In 2010 you can start with and expect to be reasonably profitable with ATR, Dash 8, CRJ, E-Jets, Avros, MD-80, MD-90/717, 737 Jurassic, Classic, NG, 747, 757, 767, 777, A300, 310, 320, 330, 340 most of which should be available and relatively plentiful on the UM. In 1955, the hoardes of DC-3, C-46, Wayfarers, etc, while useful IRL are not generally flyable in AWS due to the hub and apoke structure.

The difference between good metal and literal flying trash cans.

Good for burning money on slots that will take months to repay if you actually try building a sizable network with them.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM »
I'm more worried about slots, honestly. More fleet groups in the early years is not a killer, provided you are using your planes correctly, and provided you have an exit plan. But Some hours of the day are already slotlocked in VVTS, and that's gonna be a problem. I don't even want to think about the big airports with 8 companies or so.

A start at 700 is more fair, IMHO. Everyone is on the same starting line, and you have to push hard to be amongst the winners. A start at 250 would be completely unfair, with most players arriving too late, with all the juicy lanes busy. The drawback is that agood part of the game dynamics is played during the first years, but it's like Grand Prix Racing or a 4X : start is really important.

Offline Talentz

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2019, 10:22:37 AM »
Lol...

Its going to suck later in the future with CBD-Pax and historically accurate airport info. DC-3s going to be everyone's fav starting aircraft ^_^

Fun times are coming!

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2019, 10:58:57 AM »
Lol...

Its going to suck later in the future with CBD-Pax and historically accurate airport info. DC-3s going to be everyone's fav starting aircraft ^_^

Fun times are coming!

Talentz
I’ll fly M404’s again before I rotate that taildragger.

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2019, 11:09:51 AM »
Lol...

Fun times are coming!

Talentz

Honestly, that would be awesome.of it happened. The issue, IMO, is trying to use 1950's tech in a route network that was not in wide use until the 80's. DC-3's would be everyone's favorite if we could use them.how theybwere used in 1950....SFO to JFK with 11 stops along the way!
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 11:27:04 AM »
Honestly, that would be awesome.of it happened. The issue, IMO, is trying to use 1950's tech in a route network that was not in wide use until the 80's. DC-3's would be everyone's favorite if we could use them.how theybwere used in 1950....SFO to JFK with 11 stops along the way!

While I agree with the first part of your comment, I'm not sure I want to schedule routes with 11 tech stops :-\ When I think of what re-scheduling would become... Basically a new airline at each renewal, which could be fine, but also redo all the work each and every time.

Offline schro

• Members

The 8 people who like this post:
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 12:34:41 PM »
It wouldn't be a proper game world start if there's not a thread or three with people complaining about the lack of planes and/or the lack of slots...

Offline Oscjo290

• Members
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 12:48:26 PM »
Why not both, ;) CATS > OWLS  ;) ;)

Offline Karl

• Members

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 08:50:22 PM »
Wouldn't it be interesting if every new airline in 1955 had to start with the DC-3 or its equivalent and only get bigger aircraft after a year or so?

This would be a realistic way to start, and it would start everyone off on the same foot.

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2019, 09:09:08 PM »
Wouldn't it be interesting if every new airline in 1955 had to start with the DC-3 or its equivalent and only get bigger aircraft after a year or so?

This would be a realistic way to start, and it would start everyone off on the same foot.

Been there, done that. Trust me, it was not any better. Actually it was worse because you could barely have routes longer than 300NM. If you were lucky, you got C46 or even a DC4. In my case I tech-stopped DC3. Not profitable obviously, but at least I got the slots and some pax. I still pity those guys in places like Australia, Hawaii or Russia who tried to get going with DC3.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2019, 12:33:43 AM »
Been there, done that. Trust me, it was not any better. Actually it was worse because you could barely have routes longer than 300NM. If you were lucky, you got C46 or even a DC4. In my case I tech-stopped DC3. Not profitable obviously, but at least I got the slots and some pax. I still pity those guys in places like Australia, Hawaii or Russia who tried to get going with DC3.

Yes it was terrible.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2019, 10:15:36 PM »
So DC-6 line has 200 orders and the production rate of only 17 per month.
Constellation has less than 1/3, only 60 orders, and production rate of 21 per month.
I never understood why this keeps happening to aircraft of the same class and size (roughly).

Viscount has 100 orders and production rate of 36 per month

It did not happen overnight.  DC-6 had the most orders from Day 1 (I mean Day 2), and the slowest production rate.

DC-6 production rate should jump to at least 72 per month the next time there is a production increase, if the system is truly driven by popularity and orders, and not some hard coded stuff....

Offline Verto

• Members
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2019, 12:25:39 AM »
So DC-6 line has 200 orders and the production rate of only 17 per month.
Constellation has less than 1/3, only 60 orders, and production rate of 21 per month.
I never understood why this keeps happening to aircraft of the same class and size (roughly).

Viscount has 100 orders and production rate of 36 per month

It did not happen overnight.  DC-6 had the most orders from Day 1 (I mean Day 2), and the slowest production rate.

DC-6 production rate should jump to at least 72 per month the next time there is a production increase, if the system is truly driven by popularity and orders, and not some hard coded stuff....

No wonder MD Douglas got bought by Boeing. If they just produced more 6Bs...  ;D

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2019, 12:33:38 AM »
No wonder MD Douglas got bought by Boeing. If they just produced more 6Bs...  ;D

Speaking of that company, that went into hiding for years, with nothing being produced at the moment.

The launch of their 707-120 already has the production line up to 12 aircraft per month, even though there are only 8 orders.

DC-6 production line wend for months with orders getting up to 100, while the production rate was still stuck at 8 per month.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.