Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: range difference  (Read 538 times)

Offline groundbum2

• Members
range difference
« on: February 27, 2019, 06:31:51 PM »
so I've started in GW2.. and created, but not saved a route from EGLL-KBOS. I have 2xL1049 that I've leased.

If I drop down Lockheed Constellation from the route planning menu, it says L1049 max 38 due range. However , if on the same drop down but choosing Lockheed Constellation from the bottom half of the menu, it lists L1049 as 78 passengers! I've kept the departure time the same..

I checked and the L1049 only has one engine/range option. So how come the passenger counts are so different? The numbers are also high for other planes on the bottom half, which figures are right?

Simon

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: range difference
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:36:03 PM »
The payload calculation is accurate for your actual aircraft when you select it from the list, and the list is in two segments: first your aircraft and then the generic aircraft of each fleet (with some engine/payload/range combo which might not correspond to what you have in your fleet). So for the most part what you select is correct after you've inputted the flight times and turnarounds and chosen a fleet you actually have. For other fleets the payload information is merely "nice to know". (And in all cases the actual/true payload limits are counted when the route is scheduled - route editor may differ.)

Refer also to manual / Equivalent Still Air Distance: https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/Aircraft/Performance/#Payload
Changelog for updated performance model: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,58865.msg471115.html#msg471115 (this and next entry)

edit: Though in the case of only one engine/weight variant it should be able to calculate it correctly also for non-operated fleets, will check this later on. (can't remember if the recent changes had some limitation regarding to this)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 06:41:23 PM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.