Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Change of Alliance Scoring  (Read 363 times)

Offline DanDan

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] Change of Alliance Scoring
« on: February 27, 2019, 12:36:32 PM »
Now a new alliance scoring system is in place, which generally I am in support of. The problem here in my opinion is, that due to that change:

- Alliances will favor big airlines as members
- Alliances will in some cases replace smaller airlines with bigger airlines as members
- Airlines in 2nd & 3rd rate countries are not going to be very helpful to alliances
- It is usually newer players that are working on smaller airlines. Those are the ones profiting most from the alliance forums though

I would prefer therefore

a) to not limit alliance membership numbers but instead make a maximum of 40 "scoring" members, by automatically considering the 40 best airlines for the scoring and consider all other airlines as "affiliate members", that can use the forums and have to adhere to rules, but are not limiting the size of an airline alliance.

or

b) not limit alliance membership altogether. That way airlines in general will be sought for by the alliances in an effort to improve network coverage & marketing spending.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 10:39:22 AM by Sami »

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: Change of Alliance Scoring
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 03:10:21 PM »
Agreed its indeed a move that Will push smaller Airlines out of the big alliances.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:13:38 PM by [ATA] Sunbao »

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 08:08:23 PM »
When you look at later stage of the game world, all the alliance have empty slots.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 10:22:26 AM »
(.../...)
- Airlines in 2nd & 3rd rate countries are not going to be very helpful to alliances(.../...)

that's the opposite. The more airports an alliance serves, the better. Playing in a small country as Vietnam means all the small airports in Vietnam will be served by Elite, making me a very useful addition.

Anyways, the 40 mark is rarely reached, because comembers can't overlap in bases. Which mechanically limits the number of players. Especially in the end game, when most players have many bases.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 10:39:17 AM »
Since it was just updated there are no plans to revisit this feature anytime soon.

(p.s. and this was about alliance RATING, ... alliance score remains to be updated still)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.