Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Customer demographic data for every flight  (Read 259 times)

Offline EmilyHampstead

• Members
[-] Customer demographic data for every flight
« on: February 26, 2019, 11:56:13 AM »
Although, in real life, Delta Air Lines allows its customers to share their demographic data with the airline, AirwaySim doesn't seem to allow our virtual airlines to do the same. What I'd like to have, from the next GW1 onwards, is a feature that divides all our AirwaySim airlines' flights' passengers by demographics at the end of a game day. The proposed system's example way of dividing passengers in groups by demographics shall be as follows (example uses XX0000 layout for flight number and April 1, 2001 as the game date for this sample data of passengers divided into groups by demographic on a flight - not trying to be homophobic, but I'll exclude the 'non-binary' gender in this example to avoid complexity, and no racism intended as well).

---START OF SAMPLE DEMOGRAPHIC DATA FOR SAMPLE FLIGHT XX0000, GAME DATE: APRIL 1, 2001---

Passengers that boarded on flight XX0000 on this day (by gender):

• Male (45%)
  • Female (55%)

Passengers that boarded on flight XX0000 on this day (by age group):

• Infants (0-2 y/o) (1%)
  • Children (2-12 y/o) (30%)
  • Teenagers (12-20 y/o) (9%)
  • Adults (20-55 y/o) (40%)
  • Seniors (55+ y/o) (20%)

Passengers that boarded on flight XX0000 on this day (by ethnicity):

• White (40%)
  • Black (22%)
  • Hispanic/Latino (10%)
  • Asian (8%)
  • Native American (16%)
  • Mixed ethnicity (4%)

---END OF SAMPLE DEMOGRAPHIC DATA FOR SAMPLE FLIGHT XX0000, GAME DATE: APRIL 1, 2001---

See? Even this new feature proposal - and small bug fixes - will have a large outcome. That's why I suggest that there be customer demographic data for every flight, starting from the next GW1...

-Emily (age 15)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 08:33:37 PM by Sami »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Customer demographic data for every flight
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:19:22 PM »
That kind of statistics is just illegal in France. I guess Sami's answer will be not to take any risks...

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 12:25:03 PM »
Totally agree with Gazzz.
Plus, sorry to say, but I don't really see the interest: we don't have marketing campaigns aimed at leftists or rightists, tall, lean, fat, old, etc. Neither do we charge them with a different price or such other specialized feature.

Offline DanDan

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 12:48:44 PM »
Totally agree with Gazzz.
Plus, sorry to say, but I don't really see the interest: we don't have marketing campaigns aimed at leftists or rightists, tall, lean, fat, old, etc. Neither do we charge them with a different price or such other specialized feature.

absolutely agree with you guys - not necessary as currently not an issue.

what would be interesting though is, that the customer-base on a specific is divided into different groups. leisure-travellers, business-travellers, tourists, ... - with different characteristics: some groups dont mind taking the flight on the next day or once a week. some passengers are very interested in flying during peak hours in morning and evening etc.etc. - but i guess that has already been mentioned in another ticket

Offline Zobelle

• Members

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 12:51:12 PM »
absolutely agree with you guys - not necessary as currently not an issue.

what would be interesting though is, that the customer-base on a specific is divided into different groups. leisure-travellers, business-travellers, tourists, ... - with different characteristics: some groups dont mind taking the flight on the next day or once a week. some passengers are very interested in flying during peak hours in morning and evening etc.etc. - but i guess that has already been mentioned in another ticket

This may be my interesting as it may give some guidance to pricing. Currently pricing is mostly a shot in the dark.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 05:56:47 PM »
That kind of statistics is just illegal in France. I guess Sami's answer will be not to take any risks...

That's strange, because in the US, you have to provide this info for passengers on age and gender (though in broader ranges).

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 05:58:05 PM »
That's strange, because in the US, you have to provide this info for passengers on age and gender (though in broader ranges).

Age and gender are legal in France, it's religious and ethnicity that are illegal

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.