Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: While we wait:  (Read 662 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
While we wait:
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:59:34 AM »
Okay, since we have time on our hands....

Here is a hint from my vault of good route management:

1.  Always try to keep your planes flying.   You should always start by scheduling your Red Eye (as long as the plane has the range).  Do this by taking off at or earlier 2255 and land no earlier than 0500.   This way you have a loaded plane AND you are using your planes.   After your plane returns, you should try to get it in the air as many times as possible.  A $60 flight taking 1 hour is smarter to fly versus a $90 flight that takes two hours. 

EXAMPLE:
In Skylink's Game, I am HQ'd in Las Vegas.    I start my schedule by flying to the east coast of the US.  JFK, for example.  After that, I then send the same plane to Santa Fe - Phoenix - Santa Fe then back home.  That way, I have 4 flights from my plane daily and none of them are in the dreaded 2400 - 0455 timeslot.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
Re: While we wait:
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »
I think there should be a function that penalizes you on Mx if you fly over 12 hours per day. An airline that runs its planes 24 hours should pay a heavy Mx penalty and see an increase in delays and cancellations.

I hope we dont have to start the game completely over. Anyone know what the bug was?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 11:08:27 AM »
read the forums, it is everywhere in the bugs. 

People who ordered 1 plane got 5.  Some people got tons of planes. 

we may have to start over.  Honestly, I hope that some new people got a taste and will be able to do better now because of it.

gaffair

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:11:05 AM »
For a better understanding:

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,7985.0.html

I donīt see how the game can go on without being reset...but thatīs just my opinion.

gaffair

NicholasB

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:43:01 PM »
Well I am not sure if this was a bug or not, but i did notice that in just a month or two since game start that some airlines had about a dozen 747-400 flying, while i was barely able to finance leases for small, older jets like the BAE146.

I just could not figure out how these people were able to get the absolute millions in cash to finace such huge orders. My bank would not give me a single penny more than about 1.2million in an unsecured loan. How some players were able to finance eg: a approx 7 million dollar downpayment for a 747-400 several times over with in a couple of months of start-up is a mystery for me. If a reset is needed, im all for it. Although I worked us to get this far, i think a level playing field is essential.

NicholasB

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 12:43:34 PM »
DUDE. READ ABOVE !

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »
Read the announcements forum, there it is said. And also, that a reset will occur.
I have to say, that this was lucky for me,since I missed the start of both games (the 2nd was supposed to start few das later than 1st, so Iwasn't on on Friday), and thus felt that I didn't want to join anymore, since I find the start of the game one of the most interesting parts of it.
So, now I will be joining there, too  8)

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 05:16:30 PM »
I didn't recieve the benefit of the bug but I had 8 or 9 747's.  The reason I did was that I started with the cheapest, oldest, piece o' crap 747 and put it on the most lucrative run.  I built up cash quickly and did the same again ... and again ... and again ... etc.  It wouldn't have continued for much longer as I used up most of the real money routes.  I also used another trick on the routes which dramatically increased cash but I don't want to reveal it just yet as it is affected by competition.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.