Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Kuala Lumpur main airport?  (Read 343 times)

Offline Mike Rose

• Members
Kuala Lumpur main airport?
« on: February 18, 2019, 10:08:38 PM »
At present in this game world Subang serves as Kuala Lumpurs main airport and Malaysias largest, my question is split into two parts. Firstly if based at Subang (i'm not, this is purely hypothetical) are all operations moved automatically to the soon to be opened Kuala Lumpur International Airport, despite Subang remaining open, albeit downgraded? Also, Wiki states Subang itself opened in 1965, with future game worlds starting sooner than that what serves as Kuala Lumpurs main airport, and once again would an automatic move of operations take place?

Offline Clipper

• Members
Re: Kuala Lumpur main airport?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 07:12:03 AM »
I can answer you 1,5 questions!

Subang will close and all my ops will automatically transferred to KL. The airline will shut down for 24 gw hours and then restarts ops from the new airport. I am not sure if subang remains open. In this gw subang was open from the beginning, and I am not sure if Sami plans to change that... Not knowing what was before Subang... I guess just a strip in the jungle.

Cheers
Clipper

Offline Talentz

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 09:27:09 AM »
Hello,

As for the 2nd question, part of the Airport Data Contribution project is to update all of AWS's airports with as much realistic data as possible. So if Subang does open until 1965, you can simply put in a bug report stating as such. Please be sure to include the actual opening data along with a creditable source for that (ie no wiki).

If you feel empowered to go further beyond, you can visit this part of the website: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/board,590.0.html

After reading through the manual fully, you can submit Subang's data (over the course of its history 1965-present day for the airport to be updated.

If you choose to do so, please remember to list creditable sources.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Mike Rose

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 12:05:53 AM »
Thank you both, I guess with the extra long game world's and a great number of large airports having their predecessors downgraded rather than fully closed (i.e. Bangkok, Taipei etc) my question is simply whether operations are moved when the major hub airports are relocated

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 09:34:54 AM »
Thank you both, I guess with the extra long game world's and a great number of large airports having their predecessors downgraded rather than fully closed (i.e. Bangkok, Taipei etc) my question is simply whether operations are moved when the major hub airports are relocated

Ah. Well the the short answer is generally no. However, that is not always the case. Airports like ORD, IAH, NRT are automatic moves, unless you tell Sami you want to stay.  For other airports, best to PM Sami at the start of the game (or when you create your airline) and let him know your intentions of staying or moving.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.