Idea for a GW5

Started by EmilyHampstead, February 18, 2019, 01:17:32 PM

EmilyHampstead

As of February 15, 2019, AirwaySim only has 4 core game worlds, along with 2 beginners' worlds, as well as a special-rules short game at times. I want a Game World #5, whose time period can be 1984-2035 game time. It can be titled 'Game World #5: Millennial Flyers', a name inspired by the other name for Generation Y in the United States. New features in it can include, but should not be limited to:

• AWS TalkUp - a feature that allows a player of a game world to video-chat with her mentor
  • Seat designer - a feature that allows players of a game world to design seats for their aircraft (e.g. a first-class suite)
  • Add rules - a feature that allows players of a game world to create rules that their airline's passengers must follow
  • Complexity of alliances - an upgrade to the alliance feature that makes the in-game alliances have the same functionality as in real life

-Emily (age 14 11/12)

deovrat

Quote from: EmilyHampstead on February 18, 2019, 01:17:32 PM
Add rules - a feature that allows players of a game world to create rules that their airline's passengers must follow
-Emily (age 14 11/12)

Do elaborate please.

Zobelle

I have a rule, all revenue passengers must have a valid boarding pass to fly.

Alpha

Quote from: EmilyHampstead on February 18, 2019, 01:17:32 PM

• Seat designer - a feature that allows players of a game world to design seats for their aircraft (e.g. a first-class suite)

My airline shall have nothing but some hay on the floor and fences around each 'seat'

Witness the birth of the true cattle class! :o

JumboShrimp

My airline would have a measuring seat like they have a measuring thingy for the size of the luggage.

If the passenger's derriere does not fit, then the passenger will not be allowed on the flight unless he purchases the 2nd ticket.

Andre090904

Quote from: JumboShrimp on February 18, 2019, 04:56:32 PM
    My airline would have a measuring seat like they have a measuring thingy for the size of the luggage.

If the passenger's derriere does not fit, then the passenger will not be allowed on the flight unless he purchases the 2nd ticket.

Let's take this idea to another level. Every passenger additionally needs to get his weight and height measured. If it exceeds the body mass index (BMI) they'll be charged $5 per extra kilo. Why limit weight surcharges to luggage right?

Zobelle

Quote from: Andre090904 on February 18, 2019, 08:29:20 PM
    Let's take this idea to another level. Every passenger additionally needs to get his weight and height measured. If it exceeds the body mass index (BMI) they'll be charged $5 per extra kilo. Why limit weight surcharges to luggage right?

EmilyHampstead

As I say, this is an idea for a GW5. Now, I'm explaining more of what can be in a GW5 that lasts between the 1980s and 2030s:

• Free-of-charge fuel, all the time (as long as you're a frequent buyer of aircraft fuel with world prices)
    • Fuel price stays at 0.99 USD during the second half of a GW5

-Emily (age 14 11/12)

Cornishman

Right !   My airline in this would be called "The Mile High Club"   

I don't offer any seats in my planes at all, there is a padded cushion floor area called "the lounge" roughly central in the aircraft cabin with a circular bar all around it and a pole-dancers pole in the very centre. Everyone just mingles and parties in this area. Throughout the rest of the aircraft, no seats, just WC cubicles.

Further "rules" for passengers will apply, but too debauched to mention here in such polite society.  ;)

Zobelle

Quote from: EmilyHampstead on February 19, 2019, 10:02:02 AM
    As I say, this is an idea for a GW5. Now, I'm explaining more of what can be in a GW5 that lasts between the 1980s and 2030s:

• Free-of-charge fuel, all the time (as long as you're a frequent buyer of aircraft fuel with world prices)

-Emily (age 14 11/12)

Free fuel sounds awesome!

Viscount Bailey

there's a very apt British saying that methinks applies here...

Someones completely off their trolley!  :laugh:

Zobelle

Quote from: Viscount Bailey on February 19, 2019, 10:26:00 AM
    there's a very apt British saying that methinks applies here...

Someones completely off their trolley!  :laugh:
    Bob's your uncle.

Cornishman

Quote from: Zobelle on February 19, 2019, 10:22:05 AM
    Free fuel sounds awesome!

Sounds like a plan right out the manifesto of certain UK political party - with calculations made by Diane Abbott  :laugh: (for those outside the UK who'd like a good laugh, check this name on YouTube, some histerical interview moments - her maths is incredulous.)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxjkvjHn6Qg

Zobelle

So, free labor too?

Cornishman

hahahaha  ... histerical.  Haven't had such a good laugh on AWS in a long time

mp81

Since we're on some free stuff...buy 9 A320s and you'll get a free CRJ?

Quote from: EmilyHampstead on February 19, 2019, 10:02:02 AM

-Emily (age 14 11/12)

mp81

I think there is a scene from "Wolf of Wall Street" that depicts your description

Quote from: Cornishman on February 19, 2019, 10:18:36 AM
    Right !   My airline in this would be called "The Mile High Club"   

I don't offer any seats in my planes at all, there is a padded cushion floor area called "the lounge" roughly central in the aircraft cabin with a circular bar all around it and a pole-dancers pole in the very centre. Everyone just mingles and parties in this area. Throughout the rest of the aircraft, no seats, just WC cubicles.

Further "rules" for passengers will apply, but too debauched to mention here in such polite society.  ;)

Zobelle

Quote from: mp81 on February 19, 2019, 10:17:25 PM
    Since we're on some free stuff...buy 9 A320s and you'll get a free CRJ?

Nah, buy any 9 320 family get one free Concorde for the true white elephant experience.

mp81

Dude...mind blown

Quote from: Zobelle on February 19, 2019, 11:11:31 PM
    Nah, buy any 9 320 family get one free Concorde for the true white elephant experience.