Lufthansa suing passenger who skiplagged them

Started by mp81, February 12, 2019, 10:19:08 PM

Moseby

I have run into this flight scheme trying to go from Los Angeles to Sydney.  They fly you to Melbourne for a 3+ hour, change of plane, layover; and put you on a very small commuter jet.  The direct flight is impossibly overbooked and much more expensive (business class).  Solution is to jump off at Melbourne and take the very cheap, clean, fast and nice train to Sydney.  Quantas  was and remains "upset."   Moseby

Zobelle

The problem is airlines like to marry segments which are often much cheaper than taking flight only to the hub. I've practiced this a few times to beat the system but I try not to do it often.

gazzz0x2z

A friend of mine had to go to visit her daughter, a few years ago, at the oher side of France(don't remember the exact airports, maybe Chambéry and Nantes, some small places like that). But she didn't need a come back flight(they'd come back together with the daughter's new car). The one-way ticket was costlier than the 2 way ticket. She took the 2-way ticket, while never intending to go back by plane.

Zobelle

Quote from: gazzz0x2z on February 16, 2019, 07:44:10 AM
A friend of mine had to go to visit her daughter, a few years ago, at the oher side of France(don't remember the exact airports, maybe Chambéry and Nantes, some small places like that). But she didn't need a come back flight(they'd come back together with the daughter's new car). The one-way ticket was costlier than the 2 way ticket. She took the 2-way ticket, while never intending to go back by plane.

Done that too. Lol.

vidiv007

Quote from: gazzz0x2z on February 16, 2019, 07:44:10 AM

Done that many  a time on a car transport service (;)) which has a habit for delays - logic being if they pull me up on the missed return, I'll say their delay made me extend my trip.. Luckily haven't had to put the theory to the test.

On a serious note, it has never made sense to me how airlines can legally have a foot to stand on. T&Cs may say it, but surely you have bought a seat on the plane and can do what you want with it - fly or not fly. The airline is still making the amount it seemed to be happy with by selling the seat. And if they can overbook flights and turf you off, then you should be able to with no risk choose not to fly.?