Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How am I doing?  (Read 153 times)

Online rntair

• Members
How am I doing?
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:45:57 PM »
Currently running a Canadian airline out of YYZ. Have only been playing for a few real-world days after taking a 2 year break. It's good to be back!

My Fleet:
10x Boeing 737-900 (1 used on order)
5x Boeing 777-200 (2 used on order)
10x Boeing 717-200
...all leased

Currently moving ~70,000 passengers a day, with about ~4000 C/F. Airline is just about to turn 1 year old. Have done a few C-checks on my aircraft voluntarily, as it seemed a lot of my aircraft had C-checks scheduled around the same time. Cash flow has stabilized around +7,000,000 a week. So far, I've resisted the temptation to blow through all my cash on hand at once (I used to have an unfortunate habit of getting cash on hand to ~30M and then blowing through it down to 0 buying new aircraft) and have been seeking to keep a "floor" of $20M or so.

After a period of quick expansion in ~10 months, I'm starting to slow down a bit and try to stabilize the financial situation.

Would appreciate any suggestions.
"Check out my route map"

CEO of the Viva Group

Offline Andre090904

• Members
Re: How am I doing?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 02:26:47 AM »
Not too bad, but keep this in mind:

Leasing is the way to go of course, but try not to go for too big aircraft as they tend to be really expensive in leasing. At the same time, long-haul routes are not as profitable as short or medium haul routes. You would have had a quicker expansion focusing on those 737 or 717.

Other than that there is not much one can tell as we would need more stats/insights. However, since you only have 5 777 I would assume you are not flying 7-day-schedules (aka making most of your 777). You could probably squeeze in more flights with 7 777 instead of only 5. In a real game world you probably would not have survived since your competitors would fly more adequate airplanes (Canada isn't really a place for 777). Even the 737-900 may be a bit too big here and there if competitors fly smaller 737, Embraers, A319/A320 etc...so be careful with that. Without competitors, nevermind.

Online rntair

• Members
Re: How am I doing?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 08:12:50 PM »
Not too bad, but keep this in mind:

Leasing is the way to go of course, but try not to go for too big aircraft as they tend to be really expensive in leasing. At the same time, long-haul routes are not as profitable as short or medium haul routes. You would have had a quicker expansion focusing on those 737 or 717.

Other than that there is not much one can tell as we would need more stats/insights. However, since you only have 5 777 I would assume you are not flying 7-day-schedules (aka making most of your 777). You could probably squeeze in more flights with 7 777 instead of only 5. In a real game world you probably would not have survived since your competitors would fly more adequate airplanes (Canada isn't really a place for 777). Even the 737-900 may be a bit too big here and there if competitors fly smaller 737, Embraers, A319/A320 etc...so be careful with that. Without competitors, nevermind.

My airline is about a year and half old now, and I've phased out all of the 717-200s, either by letting the leases expire or terminating them. I replaced some with 737-600s I bought outright, and routes with more demand got bumped up to -900s. I have 8 777-200s now, flying European routes and a few high demand shorthaul routes in between. 4 777-200LR's too, which fly to Hong Kong and Singapore- my most profitable services. My only competition is one other airline at YYZ that has about ~140 planes; however, they haven't been expanding at all lately and I've noticed their passengers transported drop. Cash flow is now at +$12M weekly, but credit rating has not risen.
"Check out my route map"

CEO of the Viva Group

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.