Which of these London airports would you base your AirwaySim airline at?

Started by EmilyHampstead, February 02, 2019, 01:50:58 PM

EmilyHampstead

Remember: each user can only vote twice for this poll.

-Emily (age 14 11/12)

Infinity

Zombie Slayer

Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Tuckernut

I agree—LHR and LGW are the only viable option.  Of the two, I personally prefer LGW.  Easy access to 20 minute express trains into the city, better designed terminal complex and much less crowded.  Drawback—not such great connections to other cities.

LHR is a mess.  It is short one runway causing long delays, tremendous walks for passengers to get to the tube station that only starts operating to 0530–early checkins have an expensive cab ride.  The terminals have been cobbled together over the years so there is no fast way to change terminals and then you have another security check.  Passengers tolerate it because of lots of connections to the Middle East, Africa, and Eastern Europe.

If you are looking for just an origination/destination airport. I would vote LGW.

deovrat

Quote from: Tuckernut on February 03, 2019, 02:35:29 PM
I agree—LHR and LGW are the only viable option.  Of the two, I personally prefer LGW.  Easy access to 20 minute express trains into the city, better designed terminal complex and much less crowded.  Drawback—not such great connections to other cities.

LHR is a mess.  It is short one runway causing long delays, tremendous walks for passengers to get to the tube station that only starts operating to 0530–early checkins have an expensive cab ride.  The terminals have been cobbled together over the years so there is no fast way to change terminals and then you have another security check.  Passengers tolerate it because of lots of connections to the Middle East, Africa, and Eastern Europe.

If you are looking for just an origination/destination airport. I would vote LGW.

OP asked - "Which of these London airports would you base your AirwaySim airline at?"