Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Should AirwaySim put restrictions on IFS stuff?  (Read 491 times)

Offline EmilyHampstead

• Members
[-] Should AirwaySim put restrictions on IFS stuff?
« on: February 01, 2019, 02:03:56 PM »
As you may have heard, AirwaySim seems to be planning on adding in-flight service features to the game's functionality. Therefore, in real life, I've heard that a lot of countries have their own restrictions when it comes to food and drinks. Here are the ones that should be added to the lisit of IFS restrictions from the start:

• Alcohol and pork dishes (should be banned from being served on flights operated by virtual airlines based in Muslim countries due to them being haram)
  • Chips, sausages and cereals (should be banned from being served on flights operated by virtual airlines based in the EU, Japan, Canada, New Zealand and Australia)
  • Hamburgers (should be banned from being served on flights operated by virtual airlines based in the EU, the United Kingdom, Australia and Singapore)

Note that some of these were inspired by this article: https://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/1007800-11-banned-food-ingredients-still-allowed-us/?slide=3

-Emily (age 14 11/12)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:16:59 PM by Sami »

Offline dmoose42

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Should AirwaySim put restrictions on IFS stuff?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 02:25:44 PM »
This is inconsistent with the actual practices of many of those airlines. And what do you define as a Muslim country? You can buy alcohol in Dubai and on Emirates for example, whereas in Sharjah the prohibition on alcohol is much more strictly enforced.

The other restrictions (bullets two and three) don't even exist in real life and the link that you have references certain artificial ingredients that some producers in other countries can use. However, those dishes are still served in those countries (just without those ingredients).

So anyway...this suggestion doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as it adds complexity, doesn't really make AWS more fun, and the number of exceptions, different rules/regulations, makes it difficult to capture accurately both in the current time and across the 90 years (1950-2040) that AWS covers.

Thumbs down from me.

Offline DanDan

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 03:00:03 PM »
i dont think this proposal is really going to be implemented. adds a bit too much complexity.

what i do agree on with you, emily:
airlines based in saudi arabia and iran should get a penalty on international passengers... noone really books a flight with them voluntarily! :laugh:

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 04:18:31 PM »
can we add north korea to that as well? And what other countries that have a 'less than stellar' accident record.

Though, I think that's what Company Image is supposed to include - the challenge is that it is a fairly blunt instrument. Perhaps by adding some more complexity to that process (i.e., you need certain levels of service to get to the highest levels of CI) would be good. That way you could make certain countries/aircraft have a negative impact on CI growth if you wanted...

Offline Jake S

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 05:29:31 PM »
can we add north korea to that as well?
In what other country do you even get close to finding 40 year old Russian planes being flown on scheduled passenger flights?

"People who invest in aviation are the biggest suckers in the world."

Offline EmilyHampstead

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 08:18:57 AM »
And what do you define as a Muslim country? You can buy alcohol in Dubai and on Emirates for example, whereas in Sharjah the prohibition on alcohol is much more strictly enforced.

According to certain sources (which may or may not include Wikipedia), this is what I found considered as Muslim countries:

• Morocco
  • Algeria
  • Turkey
  • Iran
  • Egypt
  • Nigeria
  • Bangladesh
  • Pakistan
  • Indonesia
  • The UAE
  • Yemen
  • The Maldives

-Emily (age 14 11/12)

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 11:21:20 AM »
Algeria and Morocco are far from being such extreme on alcohol, although it's not at every corner as in Europe, alcohol is banned on THY but only on domestic flights (and this is a company policy, not a law by the government), the UAE example has been reported by dmoose, etc.
Plus, you'd also need to report historic changes. Iran before the revolution was quite a westernized country, from this point of view.

In my opinion, a little too much detail would be needed for what would become only a minor feature, so I would recommend a simple, universal system.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 01:16:36 PM »
Such system is not in any plans at this time.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.