Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: ATTN Pilots: Aircraft AFM/FCOM data needed  (Read 288 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
ATTN Pilots: Aircraft AFM/FCOM data needed
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:42:49 PM »
As part of a large update package to the aircraft performance system (to be announced soon), we're looking for some additional information and details about aircraft performance and fuel usage.

AirwaySim's performance model is very detailed and will soon become even better, but of course everything is only as good as the data supporting it. So that's why more information about various aircraft models is needed. And for this I'm putting out a call to all pilots and aviation professionals (and why not others with some access to good sources) for data from actual aircraft flight manuals.

We'd be needing some climb/cruise/descent performance charts and/or actual flight logs of various aircraft models (current or historic). These are needed to build the performance model details and to verify system's outputs.

There's already a very good collection of data and manuals from various sources but if you think you can be of any help please send me a PM and let me know what aircraft types you could supply.

And besides of this, I'm looking for someone who can speak Russian, since I have a bunch of those manuals and can't understand a word. :P

(p.s. like mentioned I'm looking only for actual and real data)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:54:34 PM by Sami »

Online DiCH

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Re: ATTN Pilots: Aircraft AFM/FCOM data needed
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 08:22:02 AM »
Sami, Im Russian. Will be happy to help.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 08:53:03 AM »

I might also PM you about some stuff :) as for the airport database project I'll be working on Soviet/Russian airports.
Gathered some data in English already, but some other are in Russian. With maps - that I can understand :laugh: - but in Russian.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 09:57:11 AM »

I'll PM you today

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 02:33:22 PM »
I'm not a Russian anymore in a few months... :D
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Online DiCH

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 09:43:46 PM »
I might also PM you about some stuff :) as for the airport database project I'll be working on Soviet/Russian airports.
Gathered some data in English already, but some other are in Russian. With maps - that I can understand :laugh: - but in Russian.

Will be happy to help with this too. BTW this is official database of all Russian civil airports https://infogate.matfmc.ru/htme/airports.htme?0

Offline JJ

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 09:19:28 AM »
Hi Sami, I can offer the flight performance data and related charts of the Convair 990A from the Flight Performance Manual issued by American Airlines. I'm afraid that the cruise performance is only recorded up to mach .85 as per company policy, compared to the .91 in game.

It also includes data for 3 engine cruise, so maybe we can be allowed to fly these fuel thirsty planes with 1 engine off in the future when fuel prices hike :)

Please check your PM

Offline chiveicrook

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 07:05:24 AM »
Just a thought: is it possible to have a subforum dedicated to aircraft data like the airport data subforum? An overview of interesting parameters and/or a dedicated tool would be cool as well :-)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.