Meeting Route Demands

Started by djscuba, January 21, 2019, 10:33:55 AM

djscuba

Hi, I've new to the game and been experimenting with different things over the last few weeks but I'm still a little stumped about route demands.

My questions is: Is it worth meeting the full demand?

I ask this as I started off by having just 1 flight on many routes to get started off and build route image. Now that I am established I have increased the frequency of all my routes to meet the full demand levels however, I am finding I can't get high load factors, more so on routes with competitors. Should I be looking for balance such as supplying to say 60% of the demand instead of 100%? Any tips would be awesome. Thanks

Tha_Ape

Hi and welcome,

on routes where you have exclusivity, you'd typically want to supply roughly 90% of the demand, so you can increase prices while maintaining a very high LF.
If, on these routes you supply 100% of the demand and have below 90% LF, that's most likely because your RI is not yet at 90-100, so just wait a bit longer. Another possibility is that you increased prices too much - AWS passengers prefer not to fly that to fly fo too much money.

On routes with competition, the ideal would be to share it so that the overall supply is roughly 90% of the demand as well. However it wouldn't be called competition if one wouldn't try to take the lead and discourage the others from flying it.
Basically, the demand gets fragmented more or less equally between the number of flights. And unless you want the other guy dead (which btw would be very costly for you), you want to keep your LF between 70 and 90%. So if the route has 1000 demand and the current supply is 600 amongst 5 flights, you can add 6 or even 7 flights.
On the other hand, if the demand is 1000 with 900 supply split amongst 16 flights, you barely want to add 2 flights.

Hope this helps.

Jagermeester

In addition to this, how can it be that the "system" allows extreme oversupply when a route is served by more than 1 airline, but when you fly an exclusive route, lets say with a demand of 100 - served by an A320 with 150 seats, the systems will notify you to downgrade your supply?

Sami

Refer to Game Rules: Each individual airline is allowed to supply up to 200% of the estimated demand of the route

In other words: route with 100 pax per day - each airline on that route can fly up to 200 seats per day.

Mort

Quote from: Jagermeester on September 14, 2019, 09:28:44 AM
In addition to this, how can it be that the "system" allows extreme oversupply when a route is served by more than 1 airline, but when you fly an exclusive route, lets say with a demand of 100 - served by an A320 with 150 seats, the systems will notify you to downgrade your supply?

Without allowing each airline to serve the route, it would always be a first come first served basis, which doesn't exactly do much to foster competition in the game