Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Soviet plane achievement  (Read 211 times)

Online unsaid

• Members
Soviet plane achievement
« on: January 12, 2019, 02:34:58 PM »
I am aiming for soviet plane lover achievement. I have 250 frames of Soviet planes ready however, I just realized there is another achievement called Russian plane lover. The difference is soviet plane lover happens before 1992, Russian, after that. It is now 1988, so I am thinking I should wait 3.5 years more and start scheduling 250 a/c with routes just before 1992, and then hopefully get both achievements.

I am not actually going to use the planes, just one route of any destination per plane just to make it scheduled.

Do you think that would work, for both achievements?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Re: Soviet plane achievement
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 02:51:06 PM »
Seems logical considering how it works. I find it a little strange that Il-18 are considered Russian after the fall (they were developed and produced within the USSR), but that's the way it goes.
So yes, your plan to get the achievement, though a little gamey (1 route per plane) should work.
Beware of Antonov, if you got any -> they will become Ukrainian.

Offline TheLostNZ

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:13:31 AM »
Ilyushin is a russian design bureau, so regardless of where the plane was made it is russian, remember technically the Soviet union is not a country but a group of nations under one banner. Technically like the EU is today (partly explains the russian fear of it) but different in the all nations governments are independant, thats why the CIS exists today, its just a democratic version of the USSR.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 08:51:37 AM »
Without entering too much in details, please acknowledge that the USSR was mainly led by Russians (re-read Grossman if necessary, amongst others).
Then, today's Russia is still a federation, where Russia is (again, but this time more officially) the leading group. The Federation of Russia still integrates Republics such as the Tatarstan, a Jewish oblast, Turkic people, Mongol people, Germans (ex-Volga), Buddhists, Muslims, etc.
No matter what, both entities, just like imperial Russia, were and are centered around Russia, and the side-lining of non-Russians / non-orthodox was/is quite common.

EU is quite different. Yes, it's federative as well, but it's not lead by a country more than others (rotating presidency). Plus, it was thought as and still mainly is only an economic venture, even though there are some political ones as well (can't separate everything).

Plus, as you say at the end, USSR wasn't very... Democratic. The Brits were completely free to go (Brexit is a mess, but that's only the terms of departure, not the departure itself).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.