Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Aircraft sent to conversion while in D check will extend the length  (Read 245 times)

Offline tyteen4a03

• Members
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:07:59 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Yes, not a bug, since they of course have to "re-plan" the content of the check etc.

Offline tyteen4a03

• Members
Yes, not a bug, since they of course have to "re-plan" the content of the check etc.
I am expecting the timer to reset back to the length of the check (which would be 80 days), not being extended, since a conversion also includes a D-check.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Not sure if I understood but how did the dates change for you when assigning the conversion?

Online schro

• Members
Not sure if I understood but how did the dates change for you when assigning the conversion?

Let's say you have a plane in a D check and it has 79 days remaining. You then send it to conversion WHILE in the D-check, which will result in 79 + 100 days until it is complete. OP is suggesting to scuttle the addition and simply reset the timer to 100 days.

The manual work around here is to cancel the in-progress check and send it to conversion at that point.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Reminds me of the feature request about the possibility to perform conversion upon taking the plane out of storage instead of having a forced D-check... ::)

Online schro

• Members
Reminds me of the feature request about the possibility to perform conversion upon taking the plane out of storage instead of having a forced D-check... ::)

Yes. Yes it does.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
Let's say you have a plane in a D check and it has 79 days remaining. You then send it to conversion WHILE in the D-check, which will result in 79 + 100 days until it is complete. OP is suggesting to scuttle the addition and simply reset the timer to 100 days.

The manual work around here is to cancel the in-progress check and send it to conversion at that point.

Or just add price difference between conversion and D check as well as time difference would be best.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

Can't seem to find the proposed manoeuvre here... C/D check out of storage seems unavoidable.
I'm quite p***ed right now, because I'm just having D+conversion for planes that are 16.2 years old... >:(

@Sami: We're now the 3rd of october and they'll be ready only in late february!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:59:44 AM by Tha_Ape »

Online schro

• Members
Can't seem to find the proposed manoeuvre here... C/D check out of storage seems unavoidable.
I'm quite p***ed right now, because I'm just having D+conversion for planes that are 16.2 years old... >:(

@Sami: We're now the 3rd of october and they'll be ready only in late february!

You can't cancel maintenance on a plane that is in conversion as that'll give you the converted plane for zero time spent in MX (prior bug report). For a plane IN a C/D check, you cancel that, then go back and convert after cancelling.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
You can't cancel maintenance on a plane that is in conversion as that'll give you the converted plane for zero time spent in MX (prior bug report). For a plane IN a C/D check, you cancel that, then go back and convert after cancelling.

Didn't mean to cheat on the conversion, it's the D that I didn't manage to cancel. How do you do this?

PS: I'm screwed either way, because now the system considers that my plane is in conversion, even though it's still having the D before the conversion. But for later occurrences of this problem, that could be handy.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:22:43 PM by Tha_Ape »

Online schro

• Members
Didn't mean to cheat on the conversion, it's the D that I didn't manage to cancel. How do you do this?

PS: I'm screwed either way, because now the system considers that my plane is in conversion, even though it's still having the D before the conversion. But for later occurrences of this problem, that could be handy.

Click on Maintenance Actions and the option will be there as long as it's not a conversion.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Ok. But no. The out-of-storage check is considered an extra check and thus can't be cancel. I thought I could be wrong, but then checked. The answer is no.
Thanks, though :)

Online schro

• Members
Ok. But no. The out-of-storage check is considered an extra check and thus can't be cancel. I thought I could be wrong, but then checked. The answer is no.
Thanks, though :)

Ah. Facepalm there. Forgot about the out of storage qualifier and was answering the original conundrum of just a generic plane in a check getting a conversion. That would be covered by this nearly year old feature request: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,75489.0.html

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Ah. Facepalm there. Forgot about the out of storage qualifier and was answering the original conundrum of just a generic plane in a check getting a conversion. That would be covered by this nearly year old feature request: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,75489.0.html

Reminds me of you and me :laugh:
The snake bites its own tail ;)

Yes. Yes it does.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.