Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: AirwaySim is 10 years old!  (Read 729 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 12 people who like this post:
AirwaySim is 10 years old!
« on: January 09, 2019, 04:05:39 PM »
Today, on the evening of January 9th, the AirwaySim Online Airline Simulation software is 10 years old!

The public launch of the first version happened on this day back in 2009. It was preceded by a long development and testing period, spanning all the way from the winter of 2006. Our online simulation software has come a long way since those early first steps, and we are glad that we've been able to provide entertainment and education to thousands of aviation fans around the world during these years.

Today marks the start of a special celebration week where we tell you more about the history and background of AirwaySim. During this week special blog-type posts are published and each of them will have a certain theme related to AirwaySim's development and history.

During this special week a discount of 20% is available from all of your Credits purchases when you use the code "AWSTEN" at the purchase page. This code is valid until Jan 16th 2019, 23:59.

The first blog post about people behind AirwaySim will be published later tonight.

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: AirwaySim is 10 years old!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »
Would it be possible to lift the credits in your account cap for this sale?

Offline zehking

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:19:05 PM »
Lol just bought credits, few minutes to early I think  :P

Online Jetsetter

• Members

The 7 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 04:19:26 PM »
9 years of digital addiction to imaginary airplanes. Cheaper than meth though, plus I still have all of my teeth.

Thanks for being my dealer, Sami.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 05:00:16 PM »

Yup, I am also a few credit over the limit where it does not allow me to order more.

Offline alexgv1

• Members

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 05:08:27 PM »
Congratulations on such an achievement! I'm sure it has become more than you envisaged at the beginning.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline TK airlines

• Members

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 05:28:34 PM »
Congrats Sami! Didn't realize that it has been almost 10 years since I registered for AirwaySim :laugh:
TK Regional

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 09:03:08 PM »

Check again now.

--

Also, the first blog in the weekly series has been posted: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,79661.0.html

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 09:18:06 PM »
Check again now.

--

Also, the first blog in the weekly series has been posted: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,79661.0.html

Thanks! I've now got more than enough credits for a while!

Offline Talentz

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 11:21:38 PM »
Congratulations Sami, on a truly amazing accomplishment. Your hard work and dedication too make AWS a cut above the rest, reflects in the game we load up everyday. The journey has been fun and the best is yet too come!

Talentz

Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Online VladimirJohnson

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 07:04:41 AM »
Thank you to you and your team! ... and to your family... when you´re spending time with and for AWS instead of them.  :)

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »
I joined AWS only a couple of months after launch (although wasn't aware of that until now) and been pretty much addicted ever since. Scary fact according to my account stats.... 320 days, 7 hours and 6 minutes online, in ten years  :o

Online Tiberius

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 01:54:20 AM »
Thanks Sami for all you've done.  I can't believe I had to put up with <insert previous simulation website> for years earlier.  And before that it was KOEI games on consoles or AirBucks on PC.  I've been at this a long time and I'm glad AirwaySim gets better every day.  Here's to another 10!

[edit: when are abc routes coming back]

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »
I've played a lot of simulators and manager games. Among the last ones, AWS was the most captivating I've ever played. It's just like Railroad Tycoon in terms of immersion on the transport business they relate to, but this has the plus of real and massive online competition. It's a challenging game while being simple in many aspects, so anyone can learn to play it without effort.

Congratulations! May this game stay forever and every change go for better!

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 09:12:29 PM »
I'm coming up on 9 years on AWS (April 2010) not 10nyears as I though. In those 9 years I have spent 704 days online. I guess you could say it's been a big lart.of my life in that time  :laugh: Thank you Sami for the continued hard work!
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Online Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 12:53:32 AM »
9 years for me this coming June. In 8.5 years I've spent 10,473 hours online  :o

Online dandan

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 10:10:23 AM »
Yup, I am also a few credit over the limit where it does not allow me to order more.

what is the order limit now, if i may ask? i am at 209 now and that seems to be the max  ???

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 02:37:24 PM »
what is the order limit now, if i may ask? i am at 209 now and that seems to be the max  ???

Im at 170 and it wont let me buy any more. It used to be at/near 100, not sure what the new limit is.
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 02:54:13 PM »
Im at 170 and it wont let me buy any more. It used to be at/near 100, not sure what the new limit is.

I have 119 credits and it let me initiate the purchase, but then, when I go to checkout with PayPal, it hangs at PayPal login.  I get a lock icon with a spinner, that just does not proceed to PayPal...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 03:08:34 PM »
I have 119 credits and it let me initiate the purchase, but then, when I go to checkout with PayPal, it hangs at PayPal login.  I get a lock icon with a spinner, that just does not proceed to PayPal...

If you mean this icon, then it's a problem at PayPal, and not at our end (since that's from PP's own site). (I tested just and works OK)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.