Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Game Mentoring  (Read 410 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Game Mentoring
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:20:02 PM »
Okay, this may be able to also go in the features section as well...

We should be allowed to mentor players who seek help.  Travian, another online game, allowed each player to have up to two others who could see your empire building.  I'd love to be able to see someone in distress' airline and offer my guidance.

With that said, is there any way that we can set up mentoring in-game?  In any capacity it would be helpful.  Sami, you can't keep logging into each other person's airline when they ask for help.  We will need you handling other avenues.

The only way to do it now is simply by trading messages (very inefficient).

Perhaps, at some point, players who have been here after a long time will be able to have additional access?  I don't know how to do it, I just want to make sure that we all keep all the players happy and successful (and most importantly, still playing).

Budjet

• Former member
Re: Game Mentoring
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »
I've been playing since the Beta stages and I still never seem to take off very well, even from good bases, there never seems to be the right aircraft, then when I buy a half descent one, I don't have money for another aircraft anyway, so I get stuck with about 2 or 3 routes.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 05:06:58 PM »
Dont blow your money all on one plane to start. 

In the Jet Age game, I went with a small airport using 18 pax aircraft.  I don't want to be a "big player" in this game, I just want to have fun making a smaller airlines with mainly prop planes.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »
Technically what you suggest is possible as already I as an admin can login into the games like that to be some other user, and I can see the interface just like that user. Very handy for debugging.

But if that is extended to user level it poses a number of problems... But it's not completely impossible at least.

Offline Sundaypilot

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:49:49 PM »
For mentoring it wouldn't be necessary to be able to "login" as another player.
It would be enough, if you could see all the same pages the player sees (but no changes).

So how this could work in practice:
- player could 'invite' another player to check his airline
- invited player could open all pages, but not make any changes to airline
- he could then send his suggestions how to improve the players airline (with PM or other medias).

(ready to be moved to features...)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.