Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet Replacement Strategy  (Read 648 times)

Online tungstennedge

• Members
Fleet Replacement Strategy
« on: January 04, 2019, 09:02:36 PM »
Ive never done a fleet replacement In AWS before, and It looks like Im going to want to my first one soon. I Need to phase out around 150MD11F and 50 pax ones. Ive now ordered 80 777F, ariving in the next 4 years, and from what it looks thats about all the 777F I will need as demand has decreased and the rest Im loooking at 757F. Now, give Ive seen schros example of what happens when operating a fouth fleet I want to aviod that at all costs now that im approaching 1000 ac. after ive replaced the 80 md11f with 777, then Ill have about 70 left, I want to replace with 757. To switch from md11f to 757 while staying on three fleets, would I have to order 70 757, wait for them to arrive, and then reschedule? Anyway to do this without having 757's sitring around for almost two years before I can start to reshedule, eg, is it more worth to just delete currently unprofitable routes and reopen them with profitable 757?

Also, Ive seen there are no fleet types in the future, so does the production line of say the 757 stay open forever?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Fleet Replacement Strategy
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 09:54:51 PM »
in GW2, I had 4 CRJ suppliers besides the manufacturer in the late 90s, stockpiled them for 2 1/2 years, and replaced all F28s at once, as soon as I had enough CRJs for that. I let you connect the dots on the why(additional hint : I was transitionning my 727s into A320s at the same time). Usually, I don't do that, I fly only 2 real fleet groups, keeping number 3 for transition. This time, for production line reasons, I had to do 2 transitions at once. And therefore delayed one of them.

For your last question, a production line stops when it has no ore customers. A player in GW2 still buys argosies. In 2029. The production line is still open, and I love it. I let you guess what happens to the 757 line if you go on purchasing 757s on a regular basis. You, or anyone else.

Online groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 09:56:40 PM »
The 757 line is likely to stay open until the end of the world almost, and even then there will be plenty in service.

To avoid the huge 4th fleet charge all you can do is get in loads of the new aircraft so you can do a mass swap from old to new over a matter of months. The commonality pain is very very painful, so the shorter the better.

You may be able to get in loads of 757Fs in, then lease them out to people so you have some cash flow. Set a date in your head, say April 2012, for switchover, then lease the 757Fs out so they all come back in in April 2012. Obviously set leases to non-renewable!

At EGLL you'll want to keep flying routes to keep the slots. When going to the 757Fs you could also look at 7 day scheduling so you get more hours in the air out of each aircraft, and don't have any dead spots when Heathrow is closed.

You also need to consider what will happen to any planes you own, to ensure you get max cash for them.

S

Online tungstennedge

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 12:28:52 AM »
Ah Ic I can lease with no extensions, forgot about that.

Also yes I do plan to 7 day for 757, even with 7 day Heathrow is feeling quite doomed , no slots from 3-7,8-16, so even with 7-day scheduling, it's already tough.

Online groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 10:24:12 AM »

Also yes I do plan to 7 day for 757, even with 7 day Heathrow is feeling quite doomed , no slots from 3-7,8-16, so even with 7-day scheduling, it's already tough.

This is a strength, not a weakness! if there are no slots, then your competitors and people at the other end of the routes also have no slots. The trick to playing EGLL is get lots of slots, then upgrade them to bigger planes and more profitable routes. Keep an eye like a hawk on when slots appear; either via players BKing or slot drops by AWS, and have spare aircraft ready to grab them before anybody else.

But for expansion generally at this stage in the game an EGLL player would need to open a new base..

Simon

Online Infinity

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 08:50:58 PM »
He already has like 12.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.