Issue with price increases

Started by QFkid88, January 02, 2019, 09:10:44 PM

QFkid88

Hi all,
I have been increasing the prices of some of my routes via the Routes > Highest Load Factor > Destination view, which I find easiest to do without having to flick back and forth between screens. I've noticed that none of the price increases I put through (e.g. using the +10% button) lock in - the next time I come around to increase the price, it still shows the original price, not the price I previously increased it to.
Has anyone else had this problem? Or is there a more efficient way to manage prices without going through the Price Management page where you have to key in the airport code each time?
Thanks

Frachmaninoff

I've seen this bug too, however you'll see the price change if you reload the page.

Tha_Ape

Not a bug.

The price shown is not the actual price, it's the default price. If you go to an individual route page or just don't group them through "destination", you'll see the real price.
As a route might include several different flights, and each price potentially has a different price (because it was opened later, or whatever), the only way to be consistent there is to show the only common value: default suggested price.

Frachmaninoff

For me it happens regardless whether I look at destination view, financial view or delay view. If I do Manage routes > Manage prices (on whatever single route) > Confirm the change, and press Manage prices on the same route, the price will not have changed. It's not until I reload the page that the price changes.

Wouldn't that be a bug?

Tha_Ape

Quote from: Frachmaninoff on January 08, 2019, 09:04:47 AM
For me it happens regardless whether I look at destination view, financial view or delay view. If I do Manage routes > Manage prices (on whatever single route) > Confirm the change, and press Manage prices on the same route, the price will not have changed. It's not until I reload the page that the price changes.

Wouldn't that be a bug?

Not properly a bug, but rather annoying nonetheless. I thought that this aspect had been changed a few months back, but I'm seemingly wrong.
However that's a different thing than the one reported by the OP (where the "fixed" price came from the grouping of several flights on the same route).

Pricing is a little complicated in AWS, with plenty of ways to make changes, and each of them has different pros and cons. There has been requests for a rework of the whole price adjustment system - hopefully it will come soon :)

Frachmaninoff

Quote from: Tha_Ape on January 08, 2019, 09:13:36 AM
Not properly a bug, but rather annoying nonetheless. I thought that this aspect had been changed a few months back, but I'm seemingly wrong.
However that's a different thing than the one reported by the OP (where the "fixed" price came from the grouping of several flights on the same route).

Pricing is a little complicated in AWS, with plenty of ways to make changes, and each of them has different pros and cons. There has been requests for a rework of the whole price adjustment system - hopefully it will come soon :)

I see, thanks for explaining :)