Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Two Week/Rolling One Month Schedules  (Read 501 times)

GrayAnderson

• Former member

The 2 people who like this post:
Two Week/Rolling One Month Schedules
« on: December 31, 2018, 01:12:02 AM »
What it says on the tin.  On a lot of longer-distance routes, I could easily set up a two aircraft rotation on a route or route set (weekly maintenance included).  Being stuck on a weekly schedule really constrains this and results in quite a bit of inefficiency.

A longer schedule would be nice insofar as it would allow for advanced planning on b-checks (if not also allowing a bit more flexibility on C-checks when those come up).

Offline DanDan

• Members
Re: Two Week/Rolling One Month Schedules
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 04:32:52 PM »
What it says on the tin.  On a lot of longer-distance routes, I could easily set up a two aircraft rotation on a route or route set (weekly maintenance included).  Being stuck on a weekly schedule really constrains this and results in quite a bit of inefficiency.

A longer schedule would be nice insofar as it would allow for advanced planning on b-checks (if not also allowing a bit more flexibility on C-checks when those come up).

especially with small fleets and a lower number of destinations, this is really a valuable feature!

Offline Zobelle

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
Combine this with base to destination to base (any base you operate) and you might have a winner.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »
Combine this with base to destination to base (any base you operate) and you might have a winner.

We need this... ABCBA routing between bases (A and C bases, B outstation)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

GrayAnderson

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 06:47:57 AM »
I was thinking of this as well (as a way to work around the fact that, for example, it might make more sense to slap two aircraft on alternating rotas than to "force" them back to base due to scheduling) but wasn't quite sure how to phrase it.

For example, if I have (for example) LAX and JFK as bases, a flight LAX-Cleveland (which is timed to take advantage of a lull in airport business) might be better served by carrying onwards to JFK (arriving before 2300) and overnighting there than returning to LAX and showing up at an awkward hour or having to overnight in Cleveland.  This would also allow for a bit of structural flexibility in long-haul rotas...again, it might make more sense due to timing to send a TATL/TPAC flight "back" somewhere (and then in reverse).  At major airports, "kludge a flight in where a slot is available" does become an issue.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 04:00:38 PM »
Let’s also consider that A checks are more typically done in the schedule of our B checks, I could reasonably see two week schedules however being a reality as a compromise with A check needed at the end or beginning of such and B checks being pushed out to twice yearly, C checks being on alternating years (biannual) and D checks being pushed to 10 year intervals. Even better would be maintenance checks being timed by hours/cycles flown (This would make scheduling them a bit more of a pain though with the odd flight cancellation(s) due to hitting hours/cycles required for these checks)

In brief,

A checks once every 2 week rotation (If utilization is at or close to 17.5hday) or every 250 flight hours
B checks 2 times yearly or every 3,250 flight hours.
C checks 2y time or every 13,000 flight hours.
D checks 10y time or every 65,000 flight hours

Offline DanDan

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 07:42:06 PM »
A checks once every 2 week rotation (If utilization is at or close to 17.5hday) or every 250 flight hours

i would remove the D check by time altogether or put the time very high.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 08:25:35 PM »
i would remove the D check by time altogether or put the time very high.

Yes and no, If there’s anything aircraft hate doing, it’s sitting on the ground but for those who have lower utilization figures (15h/day or below) one could easily delay a D check by a couple years and likely be fine, similarly an aircraft with 20h+ daily utilization (nearly impossible unless mostly long haul) would run closer to the current 8yr timeframe.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 11:07:24 PM »

Mmm... sounds exactly like this: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,78525.msg462661.html#msg462661

Let’s also consider that A checks are more typically done in the schedule of our B checks, I could reasonably see two week schedules however being a reality as a compromise with A check needed at the end or beginning of such and B checks being pushed out to twice yearly, C checks being on alternating years (biannual) and D checks being pushed to 10 year intervals. Even better would be maintenance checks being timed by hours/cycles flown (This would make scheduling them a bit more of a pain though with the odd flight cancellation(s) due to hitting hours/cycles required for these checks)

In brief,

It would be a lot better if maintenance costs shouldn't be tied to aircraft's age only - which is the most unrealistic feature AWS has now.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:10:28 PM by wilian.souza2 »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.