Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Heathrow Slots  (Read 479 times)

Offline tungstennedge

• Members
Heathrow Slots
« on: December 26, 2018, 02:26:08 PM »
Does anyone with previous game knowledge know what usually happens around heathrow slots? I can easily see getting another 200 aircraft out of heathrow in the next 3-4 years, but not sure about the slots. Many hours are already unusable to schedule since there are no slots, and I'm wondering if this ever gets better. Does the airport get a new runway and a new injection of slots in the 2020's with the new runway or are we limited to the 107 departures an hour for the rest of the game?

Thanks, tungstennedge.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Heathrow Slots
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 07:44:31 PM »
LHR is one of the most slot-constrained airports. Managing those is strategic. Slot drops are likely to be scarce in the future.

Offline MuzhikRB

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 10:07:49 AM »
there 2 things

1. LHR as others original airports still dont switched to level 5 - I dont know why. that is limiting slots growth as well, i guess.

2. I dont understand why LHR have 132 slots (top1 airport in pax) while even Detroit (with 50M Pax vs 194M pax LHR) have 212??

Offline Zobelle

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 10:19:39 AM »
there 2 things

1. LHR as others original airports still dont switched to level 5 - I dont know why. that is limiting slots growth as well, i guess.

2. I dont understand why LHR have 132 slots (top1 airport in pax) while even Detroit (with 50M Pax vs 194M pax LHR) have 212??

Encourage larger aircraft use?

Online groundbum2

• Members

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 11:11:33 AM »
I enjoy it being slot constrained, means my strategy needs adapting to make the best of it.

I still enjoy AWS out of the box, I think it has enough quirks to make me think. It's not quite chess, but if it was vanilla and all the oddities removed it would be boring. My advice would be to play the game as it is, rather than wanting it changed.

Simon

Offline tungstennedge

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »
Yep, scheduling here has become an interesting puzzle. There are only slots available in about 5 hours in the day, and only one of those hours is before noon. Becoming very difficult to get over 15hrs utilization even on longhual, and difficult to get ten hrs on short haul.

Offline xBuzz

• Members

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 01:33:03 PM »
So slots and infra level still have not increased in over 10 years maybe?

Here is a comparison between GW3 (all top airports infra 4) and GW4 (1996, all top airports infra 5).

Oops, abit big, oh well!

So obviously LHR and other european airports have a naturally lower slot number, but the disparity between level 4 and level 5 infrastructure is a lot greater between US airports and LHR.

This is a shorter GW, and the airports haven't even reached level 5 infrastructure yet. In a few years time, the game will effectively be over, with most of the game world having been slot restricted, with no slots, from close to the start. Incredibly boring.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.