Delta Airbus A220 (CS100)

Started by mp81, December 24, 2018, 07:37:39 AM

mp81

Caught this sneaking around DFW today. I read Delta's A220s, formerly Bombardier CS100s, aren't supposed to enter service until January 2019. Guess they're taking it around the system for familiarization. I didn't notice any "Connection" markings on it so it appears it's entering mainline service?

Zombie Slayer

Yes, their A220-100s (cant get used to saying that....) and potential future 220-300s will be mainline (US Scope prohibits 77+ seat aircraft from being operated by regional pilots). They will replace some 717 and MD-88 flying and upguage some E-Jet flying from what I have heard.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

schro

Quote from: ZombieSlayer on December 24, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
Yes, their A220-100s (cant get used to saying that....) and potential future 220-300s will be mainline (US Scope prohibits 77+ seat aircraft from being operated by regional pilots). They will replace some 717 and MD-88 flying and upguage some E-Jet flying from what I have heard.

717s aren't going anywhere anytime soon, but I think they're getting more consolidated in ATL. The CS1's will go to other hubs that need the performance.

[ATA] APB Airlines

I might as well chime in. As of what we are being told it is replacing some 88 flying and up-gauging RJ flying. Most 88 flying is being replaced by 320 and 737 family aircraft. 90's are going to be around for a bit longer. And they say 717's arent going anywhere for awhile. But with the order of more A220-300's and conversion of our options too that plane there is speculation the 717's might be on their way out sooner then we think. First Revenue flight was supposed to be the end of Jan but with the shutdown they are not sure if they will get approval to start service on-time. (havent read anything recently 1 way or the other)

To the comment about Scope, it is not US scope it is individual to each company and the contract with its pilot union.
APB Airlines

freshmore

I know there was something from the CEO about it being very likely they would be delayed service entry. So that's probably as straight from the horses mouth as you can get, having a quick look up, it would seem some people are being recalled back to their jobs. So there is a chance it may get done on time, just.

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/bastian-gov-shutdown-delay-a220-launch/