Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] IDEA: A new way to calculate route demand approximations  (Read 374 times)

Offline EmilyHampstead

• Members
[-] IDEA: A new way to calculate route demand approximations
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:06:01 PM »
With the current route demand approximation system, it's too basic. What I want for AirwaySim is something like this:

Dp=(I1+I2)*(T1+T2)*100,

whereas Dp is the passenger demand, I1 and I2 are the infrastructure levels of the origin and destination, and T1 and T2, the traffic levels of the origin and destination.

In accompany, cargo demand approximations should be calculated, as follows:

Dc=L/(CL+CS+CH)*200,

whereas Dc is the cargo demand, L is the runway length at the destination airport, and CL, CH and CS, the amount of aircraft you have that can carry one, two, or three of these cargo types (light, standard, and heavy).

-Emily (age 14 3/4)

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 05:11:07 PM by Sami »

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: IDEA: A new way to calculate route demand approximations
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 05:48:51 PM »
With the current route demand approximation system, it's too basic. What I want for AirwaySim is something like this:

Dp=(I1+I2)*(T1+T2)*100,

whereas Dp is the passenger demand, I1 and I2 are the infrastructure levels of the origin and destination, and T1 and T2, the traffic levels of the origin and destination.

It actually will work with all the variables you mentioned going into calculation of the demand.  But additionally, there is the underlying map, with population density and economic data.. (Once the passenger model transitions to the new City Based Demand model that is under development)

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: IDEA: A new way to calculate route demand approximations
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 01:34:47 PM »
Dp=(I1+I2)*(T1+T2)*100, whereas Dp is the passenger demand, I1 and I2 are the infrastructure levels of the origin and destination, and T1 and T2, the traffic levels of the origin and destination.

Dc=L/(CL+CS+CH)*200, whereas Dc is the cargo demand, L is the runway length at the destination airport, and CL, CH and CS, the amount of aircraft you have that can carry one, two, or three of these cargo types (light, standard, and heavy).

The first formula will allow any airport to have a demand of at least 400 passengers to any other airport in the world, which makes it a complete misrepresentation of real-life world demand. The current way AWS calculates demand already overestimates RL demand (approx. 3x in case of Brazil in GW2), but at least represents well the pax concentration on certain legs.

The second formula is even more absurd, making cargo demand dependent on how many aircraft you have and the runway lenght of your base airport. And even worse is the fact that the "amount of aircraft" is in the denominator,  so the more aircraft you get or are flying on the route, the LESS the demand will be! This is not how it works!

Focus on learning to play the game instead of spamming new ideas about things you don't really know!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:47:47 PM by wilian.souza2 »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.