Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What's with the 757 deliveries  (Read 612 times)

Offline Viscount Bailey

• Members
What's with the 757 deliveries
« on: October 24, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »
Let me start by saying I was delighted recently when we heard that instead of 1 lucky person getting an aircraft launch, we could all get a chance as launch customers in the first month. My understanding was that all launch customers schedules are then equally shared out amongst all launch companies.

Could I ask then, what the reasoning is behind the schedules for those companies who ordered their 757s within the 1 month launch period as far as I now see mine?   We seem to have the first 3 or 4 months devoted entirely to a good number of plane deliveries to just one of two of the launch customers with nothing for everyone else, then in about the 4th or 5th month my deliveries begin. I ordered 100 aircraft and here's how deliveries look.  (I know many folk ordered more than this - I'm not saying I feel like I was picked upon - I just don't understand this):

Feb '84 to Dec '86 everything looks normal with 1 or 2 planes every month throughout those years. Then bizzarely as of Jan '87 deliveries radically drop away to nothing at all for 4 months, then 1 in May, nothing Jun nor Jul, 1 in Aug..... and so on with a miserable dribble of deliveries for the last dozen or so planes out of my order, so dragging back completion of delivery from what should be about end '87 according to the pattern of '84 to '86... now with just 3 or 4 planes per YEAR it drags on until 1990 !!  :o .  I don't think I'd have signed any such deal IRL with this sort of unacceptable schedule to complete my order.

I guess everyone is in a similar situation ?   Just after some clarification of what this is all about please.
David.

Offline schro

• Members
Re: What's with the 757 deliveries
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:51:18 PM »
I ordered 200, and I have them scheduled to deliver over 8 game years. 2 per month for the first half or so, then 3 per month after that. No odd gaps for me.

Offline Viscount Bailey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:55:59 PM »
Thanks Schro - that just makes my weird delivery pattern as of '87 to 1990 look even more inexplicable.  I ordered 2 batches of 50 planes, 1 immediately after the other like you probably did, but the first 85 planes are delivered equally 1 or 2 per month, then it takes 3 years to deliver the last 15 ?   w.t.f  :laugh:
Dave

Online Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 04:39:57 PM »
My deliveries seem to be mostly aimed toward the middle of the production queue as well with numbers tapering off sharply toward the last three years of anticipated wait. I donít have any MAJOR complaints about this but hope that the queue would compress as bankruptcies happen or orders cancelled so I can get my frames in a faster timeframe...

Offline Viscount Bailey

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 08:03:52 PM »
Thanks also Zo - but I thought that the whole point of the new changes was that we would all share an equality in the delivery schedule as well as the launch customer discount. You and I seem to have quite differing schedule patterns, and both of us seem to be somewhat disadvantaged compared to that of schro by the sound of it, so what else is going on here?

Offline schlaf

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 03:26:34 PM »
I was the first one to order 757, even so I get my first plane almost one year after the first plane is delivered.. Where is the logical in that?

Online Zobelle

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 03:43:21 PM »
I think the whole point was to make it so you donít have to be the first through the door.

Offline 11Air

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »
Seems to be a glitch in the thinking behind this. Naturally a new aircraft wants to get numbers up, so early delivery against orders is natural, but in reality world it's the number of Airlines that have ordered that really makes the big difference to market confidence, which affects the 'Production Lines', from air frames to engines to seats and all the bits and bobs that go to complete each aircraft.

However, it's those production lines, how many of them and the available skilled staff, that actually turn out finished aircraft and drive the production demand rates up.

So how does a Manufacturer get those new type designs into production. One airline buying a big number doesn't actually work out too well if they cancel their order!

So once they have three companies buying aircraft then market confidence goes up, so seriously, game wise, it's those first three purchasers that should be getting discounts, not early deliveries.
But how does Sami make this work. Limiting the number that can be on order from each company is one way and I can see big advantages in that as it would certainly make it more difficult for the most successful companies in game after game to grab the best aircraft in big numbers.
So: Yes, I'd go for that big time. But that's not qite working too well just yet.

Perhaps when a new product is launched then the initial launch orders should be for a series of airframes (say ten?) with no repeat orders until that first batch has been delivered. Wnen the airline comes to order again, after it's batch have all been delivered, then again a limited batch number. Fairly simple for Sami to programme, a big benefit for (poorer) players like me to get a few of the prime aircraft early on, and thus making a better game for more of us players!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:04:59 PM by 11Air »

Online Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »
How about no.

Online Tulip Air

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 05:15:33 AM »
The system give a standard 2 a month later 3 a month that,no problem here either.
If everyone gett equal chance to gett a same order some airliner already have 3 before i even gett my first plane
this probably comes as those airliners placed 5 orders so probably the system gave every order maybe 1 plane first,so logical some got 3 planes in 1st 3 game months before me,as they where before me with placing his orders as i recall corectly.

It is a big improvement already as before some airliners had to wait 6-8 years before even gett 1 plane if where too late with ordering.now maybe max a year?

Online tungstennedge

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 02:26:27 AM »
I just joined this gameworld, considering fleet types and of course 757 is high on my priority list, however, I have no I idea what will be the availability of these aircraft over the next few years. Will it be possible to build a decent sized fleet of these aircraft of the used market, or should I look for alternate types? Thanks..

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 03:03:28 AM »
I just joined this gameworld, considering fleet types and of course 757 is high on my priority list, however, I have no I idea what will be the availability of these aircraft over the next few years. Will it be possible to build a decent sized fleet of these aircraft of the used market, or should I look for alternate types? Thanks..

Haven't checked the production line but you can expect them to be difficult to find at reasonable prices for a while...

I think you'd rather rent a fleet of cheap 737 jurassics from me.

Offline deovrat

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 04:47:53 AM »
Quite a few 757 on the UM now.. ;)

Online Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 06:37:45 AM »
Quite a few 757 on the UM now.. ;)

Not cheap.  8)

Offline deovrat

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 08:22:06 AM »
Not cheap.  8)

If OP is willing to lease, then no, they are at standard market cost.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 12:16:04 AM »
Haven't checked the production line but you can expect them to be difficult to find at reasonable prices for a while...

I think you'd rather rent a fleet of cheap 737 jurassics from me.

The UM is really low on 737s. You can get only a handful of 737-100s right now. But you can make a decent fleet of BAC 1-11s and DC9s, along with a turboprop fleet with F27s or NAMCs. Don't try LHs if the routes are too long or have too much competition, as the early big jets like 707s and DC8s will hurt you on fuel costs.

Forget 757 and 767 right now, only the big ones are getting them. Will take some time until they come to the UM in big quantities - maybe in the early 90s..

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.