No evolution in demand for C seats on low C-demand routes?

Started by Tha_Ape, October 19, 2018, 07:38:28 AM

Tha_Ape

Hi,

USSR/Russia ain't really the place for C seats (not to mention F seats). Still, on most of my routes with some C demand, I notice that while the Y demand has doubled, tripled or quadrupled over time, the lone C seat remains a lone C seat, didn't grew to 2 or 3 or whatever.
However, where the initial (in the 50s) was superior to 1 or 2, the current demand is usually around 10 or so.
-> behaves as if the multiplier for growth, applying to such a low number always get a result that's closer to 1 than 2, and thus get rounded, years after years, to 1, again and again.

Can someone confirm this?

Slightly different matter but closely related, I find it strange that some routes with 50 Y demand in the 50s have grown to 300 or so in the 2010s, but still nobody asking for even a single C seat.

I know that Sami won't revise the old pax system for small things as he focuses on CBD for pax, but I still think this issue is a tad annoying...

Thanks.

wilian.souza2

I can say the same about Brazilan routes in GW2. Since 1970 I've been setting 5 C seats on my aircraft, and since then they farely get full. Now I'm even deploying all-economy class aircraft to fill the demand. This shouldn't be the case for countries that hve their GDP improved over time!

spiff23

Yes...not sure the Russian billionaires are flyin Aeroflot (vs their own jet)... but Ithere should be a healthy enough C demand.  +other large emerging countries countries like India, China