Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Set Suggested Space allocation for Cargo: 2 buttons  (Read 130 times)

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Set Suggested Space allocation for Cargo: 2 buttons
« on: October 17, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »
for "Set Suggested Space allocation" on route creation or edit, it would be nice to have 2 buttons:
- one for cargo plane (that has 3 types of cargo)
- one passenger plane (that has 2 types of cargo)

Also, there are instances (not often, but sometimes) where the default allocation does not match the potential demand of the airport.  I will post examples to this thread when I notice them.

Online wilian.souza2

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Set Suggested Space allocation for Cargo: 2 buttons
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:55:45 AM »
there are instances (not often, but sometimes) where the default allocation does not match the potential demand of the airport.  I will post examples to this thread when I notice them.

I wrote about this issue in one Alliance forum, it's quoted below:

Also, watch out the allocation of your cargo hold space for the different types of cargo in your aircraft. The allocation sliders control the volume of cargo hold space for each type of cargo, but when you open a flight, the default adjustment is based on the weight of each cargo type being supplied. Because of it, the default adjustment is rarely fine-tuned for the demand of the route pair, and the slider configuration may vary among different MTOW versions of the same aircraft!

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Set Suggested Space allocation for Cargo: 2 buttons
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 04:26:28 PM »
Yes.  Most of the time, the default allocation is fine (close enough), but there are instances when it is off by 5-10%.

What makes things difficult is that Cargo works so well with 7 day schedules, but any adjustments to cargo allocation are just extremely laborious.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.