Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Adjust new aircraft price formula  (Read 319 times)

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
[-] Adjust new aircraft price formula
« on: October 16, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »
What I've noticed while playing the game is that new aircraft prices rise sharply as new orders kick in and they stay sky high as long as there are orders for it - whether the production line has no free slots for 4-5 years or there are only a dozen aircraft ordered by just one company and a few AI brokers. And for those aircraft whose prices eventually fall, there are times their price is artificially adjusted, resulting in a sudden spike, even when there aren't orders for it.

Also, some models within a fleetgroup that are stopping to be ordered in favor of newer models of that fleetgroup don't get their price adjusted accordingly.

This results in all of the available aircraft in the "too expensive" price range of the advisor almost all the time, which is bad for all airlines (and smaller airlines even more), as it pushes up even leasing prices of used aircraft.

So a little adjustment of aircraft price calculation to be more reactive to the situation of the production slots would be very welcome.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:48:50 PM by Sami »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Re: Adjust new aircraft price formula
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »
What I've noticed while playing the game is that new aircraft prices rise sharply as new orders kick in and they stay sky high as long as there are orders for it - whether the production line has no free slots for 4-5 years or there are only a dozen aircraft ordered by just one company and a few AI brokers. And for those aircraft whose prices eventually fall, there are times their price is artificially adjusted, resulting in a sudden spike, even when there aren't orders for it.

This 1st part I'm not sure about. Sami talked a lot about it and it seems pretty complex.

Also, some models within a fleetgroup that are stopping to be ordered in favor of newer models of that fleetgroup don't get their price adjusted accordingly.

This results in all of the available aircraft in the "too expensive" price range of the advisor almost all the time, which is bad for all airlines (and smaller airlines even more), as it pushes up even leasing prices of used aircraft.

This part completely makes sense. Adjust prices by model rather than by fleet group (or lower the fleet group multiplier, increase the type multiplier).

Thanks.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »
This 1st part I'm not sure about. Sami talked a lot about it and it seems pretty complex.

I can tell about 2 events that happened in GW2.

First one was with the Tristar. Before A310-300 was released, they used to cost $ 80-81M. After that, as people stopped to order the model (probably in favor of the Airbus), their prices eventually dropped to $ 57M. But in 89-90, as I remember, their prices were readjusted to $ 82M, even though it continued to receive few orders.

The second one is the DC-9, which in the early 90s the price of the 10,15 and 21 variants reached $ 14M, then they suddenly went to $ 21M even without anyone was ordering those variants and production slots for all of the available models weren't expressive.

And in cureent GW4 we have the VC10, for example, that can't be bought for less than $ 27M, the Viscount which doesn't get cheaper than $ 5M and earlier DC8 variants that have their price close to that of the super 60s - even though almost no one is buying them new...

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »
TriStar + DC-9 make valid examples (in my opinion) of something going wrong. Hope there's a record keeping track of it so Sami can be convinced and intervene.

As for the VC-10 and Viscount, I don't think so, that's the way the system works. One can complain, but that's the way it is meant to be.

As for the DC-8, this is more on the side of the 2nd part, the one I already agreed with you about.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 03:35:29 PM »
This part completely makes sense. Adjust prices by model rather than by fleet group (or lower the fleet group multiplier, increase the type multiplier).

Why would a manufacturer discount a model on the same production line when they could sell a different variant for significantly more cash?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 04:07:19 PM »
Why would a manufacturer discount a model on the same production line when they could sell a different variant for significantly more cash?

Why would the price of an aircraft double or triple only because so many people want it?
Increase a bit, ok, but double or triple? Is it really realistic?

Almost no one want the 737-600 when it's cheap, so why should it go more and more expensive?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 04:48:33 PM »
Increase a bit, ok, but double or triple? Is it really realistic?

Aircraft prices do not triple... There is a baseline price set to database and the price variation can be approximately between -50% to +30% of this base price (but depends for example on the size of the model and other factors, but simplifying here a bit). Sure if you look the price at the very cheap end, and over some time add inflation, and look when it's at the high end you will see a big difference. But such going from -50 to +30 level rarely happens.

The dynamic pricing has been recently adjusted, and there are currently no plans to make further changes to it.

All price changes are gradual, about max +/- 2 % per game month.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:51:02 PM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.