Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Cost Effective Flights  (Read 615 times)

Offline [ATA] Lord Branson

• Members
Cost Effective Flights
« on: October 08, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »
Would it be profitable to fly a 727-100 on a route with 22 demand and what would be the reason to fly such a route?

I am flying an F27 on such a route and my competitor is flying a B727-100.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Cost Effective Flights
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »
Well, depends on fuel costs. This opponent probably wanted to fill a schedule, I guess it's a very short route, but I would not setup a single-aisle aircraft below 50 demand. 20 is the limit of what I'd fly for a F27. I felw a lot in the 50s/60s in WAW, and below 20 demand, even where my opponent was not, was harsh. 727, not even in dream(and I had those in my lineup, too)

Reasons could be : keep the damn thing flying, or be sure I'm flying the damn line and hold the slots before I get something more fit. I do both, but not to such extremes.

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:37:40 PM »
it could be to grab cargo.. the plane might be a 50 seater combi, but you can't see the exact model he/she is flying.

Simon

Offline Zobelle

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 12:44:19 AM »
If going for max usage one sometimes schedules flights that make zero sense.

Offline chiveicrook

• Members

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 09:36:19 AM »
Every little bit helps ;)
Better to fly route like the one I attach than having the plane sit idle.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 09:44:37 AM »
As I said, it works on short routes. And when fuel prices are low. fuel is at 109$ in this game. When it will be 1090$, this flight will suddenly hurt, even with a less drunkard A320, the natural successor(IMHO) of the B727.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 12:15:27 AM »
Filling your planes's schedules with marginally profitable flights can be dangerous, as every new flight adds up staff and even more pilots and crew if they require more aircraft. This will lower your margins. And when things go wrong, or over some time without adjusting prices, you'll start losing money and won't be able to spot where's the problem.

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 12:40:04 AM »
Filling your planes's schedules with marginally profitable flights can be dangerous, as every new flight adds up staff and even more pilots and crew if they require more aircraft. This will lower your margins. And when things go wrong, or over some time without adjusting prices, you'll start losing money and won't be able to spot where's the problem.

As a general rule, whether a plane has a single flight on one day per week or a full schedule, the amount of staffing for that plane will be the same.

Online Tha_Ape

• Members

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 06:20:48 AM »
As a general rule, whether a plane has a single flight on one day per week or a full schedule, the amount of staffing for that plane will be the same.

For the plane (pilots + CC), yes. But more personnel is required in other branches of your airline.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.