Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 20 year BW  (Read 89 times)

Offline yoshininja

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
20 year BW
« on: September 25, 2018, 05:50:07 AM »
Perhaps it would be a good idea to increase the game length of one of the BW's to 20 years so people can further experiment with different tactics and fleet compositions. Beyond that, it would give newer players (me) experience on fleet renewals and saving for those D checks which currently in the BW's can be completely disregarded.

What I'm suggesting would be a BW from 2000 to 2020 with a day length of maybe 20 or 25 minutes. It might even be interesting to have this proposed 20 year BW run from 1960-1980 and 1980-2000 so players who don't want to wade into the longer GW's can still get a taste for aviation from those earlier eras.

Just a little food for thought. 

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: 20 year BW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 06:03:13 AM »
That's what the full game worlds are for.

The idea of short Beginner game worlds is that there is always a new one around the corner.  Beginning of the game world is the most exiting part, and with shorter gamer worlds, you have twice as many of them.

Offline yoshininja

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 06:31:35 AM »
What I'm trying to say is that you keep 1 BW at a 10-year game length while having another one at 20 years for a slightly longer playthrough while still being shorter than the 40 or 70 year GW's which take half a year to complete.

Online Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 06:51:46 AM »
Could be an idea, yes.
Especially about renewals: this is where most recent players fail. They grow, they grow, sometimes even in an impressive manner, and then they can't handle a renewal and fall. They don't even know how to prepare it.
(and not talking about players that jump directly in the regular GW, no, just plain players making every recommended steps)

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 07:23:17 AM »
(players that jump directly in the regular GW)

That would be me. But I took a lot of time reading old forum threads to know what to expect, and it taught me 2 lessons : Avoid the big boys, and prepare your fleet replacement as soon as you set up the fleet.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.