Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Fuelstops shouldn't count as a "second destination"  (Read 322 times)

tofen

• Former member
[-] Fuelstops shouldn't count as a "second destination"
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »
I like to run my planes on flights from my base to a long haul destination, and then make a short tag-on flight to fill up the space in the schedule until it's time to return home again. Problem is, when you have to make a fuel stop on the way to your long haul destination, you can't add a tag-on because the system doesn't allow more than two destinations in one flight, and the fuel stop counts as one of them.

This was a minor issue in the "welcome" games, since you usually could get planes with significant range to fly most routs non-stop. Only time this annoyed me was when I had flight to airports with short runways, as I had to make a quick "splash n' dash" close buy to be able to fly with maximum payload and range.

Now when we are stating the "Jet age" game, this issue will be much more common, since the planes back then didn't have as great range. If you want to fly South America -> Europe, you will have to make a fuel stop on the way, and that makes it impossible to ad a tag-on flight in Europe with the current "W-pattern" system.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:08:32 AM by sami »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Fuelstops shouldn't count as a "second destination"
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:07:08 PM »
Adding another "destination" is not possible technically at the moment. Without major changes at least..

sircris

• Former member
Re: [-] Fuelstops shouldn't count as a "second destination"
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:21:47 PM »
Just cause its not technically not possible at present does not mean its not a good idea.

I would love to do multistop runs !

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.