Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Plane history and msn number?  (Read 885 times)

Offline Flightman

• Members
Plane history and msn number?
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »
"Each individual aircraft will have it's own MSN number and it's ownership history can be traced from the day it was produced"

How can I see my own planes history and msn number?
Vallin Airlines brings your destination closer

tofen

• Former member
Re: Plane history and msn number?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 05:50:27 PM »
"The basic system is done but the browsable history and other things will be done later."

From the same post.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »
(plus I want to make sure it works in the background first before making it "public")

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »
How can there be a history? What if the game just began and you get a used a/c. What will be in the history? Will there be made up airlines in there?

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 08:14:16 PM »
Does an aircraft have history before it was made? No.
What is aircraft's history after it has been manufactured and sent to its orderer (the lessor)? Only 1 marking, the lessor itself.
So, I would say that when the game starts, each used aircraft's history will just be the lessor it is now owned by.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
Does an aircraft have history before it was made? No.
What is aircraft's history after it has been manufactured and sent to its orderer (the lessor)? Only 1 marking, the lessor itself.
So, I would say that when the game starts, each used aircraft's history will just be the lessor it is now owned by.

But the used aircraft available at the start of the game are in fact used (they have flight hours and landings), so they have not been newly delivered to the lessors.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »
The history for used planes is that they were newly delivered to the owner (aircraft broker), there is no other operator history for them "made up". But that's not the point .... The idea of the feature is that you can see which other airlines / players have used the plane in the past.

The system as a whole has some issues still and may take a while before it's published.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 12:30:23 AM »
But the used aircraft available at the start of the game are in fact used (they have flight hours and landings), so they have not been newly delivered to the lessors.
True, but I was thinking from the owner-point of view. The lessor has leased the plane, not sold, thus it will be the only owner in the history. Of course, the history probably will/should show the leasers, too, but I think the owner history is a good enough an explanation for the history in the beginning of the game.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.