Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Demand in East Europe  (Read 219 times)

Offline APTamas

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Demand in East Europe
« on: September 03, 2018, 05:05:59 PM »
As I noticed the game is missing the demand between Romanian and West European countries. For example, Between Cluj Napoca and London Luton there are 19 flights/week with A320 which means 3420 weekly passengers (489/day) while in the game worlds the demand is less than 40 pax. 12 times less than in reality  :-\
In the last 2/3 years the number of the domestic passengers in Romania has risen. For example: Cluj Napoca-Bucharest Otopeni: 55 weekly flights with A320, B737 and ATR; approximately 7800 pax/week (1114pax/day) while in the game worlds the demand is less than 150 pax. 8 times less than in reality  :-\
And the same with the demand at Timisoara, Tirgu Mures, Sibiu and some others.

I know that these are far not the biggest airports in Europe, but they have some passengers too. :) Is it possible to introduce these passengers into the game?

Offline Andre090904

• Members
Re: Demand in East Europe
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 09:20:29 PM »
These sorts of demand figures (1000+ per day) can only be found at really big airports within Europe. I have not come across anything near that in much bigger airports like Cologne or Hamburg. Given we increase the demand in Romania, we would automatically need to rise the demand elsewhere so the proportions are kept. In other words: Basically limitless demand everywhere.

I doubt this would be helpful for the game mechanics. Yes, demand figures are not always near realistic...but maybe it helps having a bit of competition overall.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 12:52:53 AM »
This would be too easy, though more realistic..

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 06:53:09 AM »
Especially LCC oriented airports in some parts the world have grown a lot in the last years. This airport for example had less than 0.5mil pax 10 years ago, while today it has about 2.5mil. So the growth rate exceeds the growth of normal/global air traffic. In AWS airport specs are fixed and they cannot grow individually (it happens on a global scale).

However the new demand systems will change this as the growth is based on the local economy.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 06:56:22 AM by Sami »

Offline APTamas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 08:08:50 AM »
When will be the new demand system introduced?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 08:56:23 AM »
Yeah, my GW2 in Poland was very funny, but made no sense in historical terms. OK demand for western Europe before 1990(and s***ty to the eastern block), and no big change after 1990(bar the former USSR). Though not as dramatic as USSR, I should have experienced a major overhaul in 1990. Just opened Stansted & the former USSR.

That being said, the deconcentration effect noticed in cargo in airport rich areas(New York comes to mind) shall absolutely be corrected before extending the model to pax. If not, the new model will be catastrophic, with nothing bigger than 767s having any sense.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.