Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Combi: problem with reduced, fixed seating  (Read 89 times)

Online dandan

• Members
Combi: problem with reduced, fixed seating
« on: September 03, 2018, 03:13:41 PM »
As I am starting to see increased cargo figures, I was wondering: why are some Combi-Planes having reduced seating? (all references to current GW2)

The F27 has combi-versions, where the maximum seating is the same as in the passenger version (44 HD eco). On the other hand, the B737-700C (60 HD eco!!!) or the MD-11 have a very limited passenger compartment, when in real life actually, their passenger capacity is - when needed - (almost) as high as for the passenger model.

Proposal: Change the fixed seating maximum on combi planes to a variable seating maximum and adapt the cargo-space according to seating.

Offline Talentz

• Members
Re: Combi: problem with reduced, fixed seating
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 03:26:10 PM »
Can't, its a system limitation. QC (quick change) aircraft are not model in AWS. The seat configurations must be static.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Online dandan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 04:41:19 PM »
Can't, its a system limitation. QC (quick change) aircraft are not model in AWS. The seat configurations must be static.

Talentz

its not about QC. the thing is not that they are static, the idea is, that even when static, the ratio between cargo and pax is fixed. would be nice to "unfix" it; so instead of having a fixed 40% passenger + 60% cargo ratio (just an example), one could make it 30% / 70% as well.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 07:38:39 PM »
Yes, I get what your saying, what I am telling you is the system won't allow it. There's only one value for floor spacing and max seating capacity per model. Sami would need to rebuild/code the system to accept such data (there isn't a place to store it even).

And well, you know how this is going to end up [-]

Talentz

Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Online dandan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 08:12:07 PM »
Yes, I get what your saying, what I am telling you is the system won't allow it. There's only one value for floor spacing and max seating capacity per model. Sami would need to rebuild/code the system to accept such data (there isn't a place to store it even).

And well, you know how this is going to end up [-]

Talentz

hmmm... well, i guess you are right, but i still think, that it would be a nice addition, as cargo is becoming more of a factor in the game

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »
You can limit seats on a given flight to gain back some cargo space...

Online dandan

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 09:05:21 PM »
You can limit seats on a given flight to gain back some cargo space...

i know, i do that on some flights, but that only brings space in the luggage compartment it seems. and my problem is: i want to get more than the (sometimes very low) maximum, but thats not possible (even though in real life, most combis are adaptable in terms of seating/cargo-space distributionn.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.