Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Self-correcting and repeating oversupply warnings  (Read 255 times)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
[ok] Self-correcting and repeating oversupply warnings
« on: August 29, 2018, 04:56:13 PM »
I'm getting repeated oversupply warnings for the same route, then a few hours later getting an "oversupply corrected" message for the same route when I did nothing to fix it, did not turn on the automation, and demand did not fluctuate. A few hours later I get a new oversupply warning for the same route.

GW#2, Route is CF3025 SYR-HPN. I had kept all the messages but I went to clean out the other messages about aircraft deliveries and the game wiped out all my messages instead  >:(
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:43:40 PM by Sami »

Offline groundbum2

• Members
Re: Self-correcting and repeating oversupply warnings
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 05:24:08 PM »
I'n getting a similar issue, now that oversupply is turned on. I fixed a load but I have had several emails saying (GW4) that Luton/Denver SI3174 Friday is oversupply. But the graph shows 106 demand that day and I'm supply 120, so 15% over, nowhere near the warning threshold! The same holds true for all the other days of the week for that route.

Simon simonrulz airline

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:00:55 PM »
In my case, the route IS oversupplied (30 demand, 67 supply, legacy route that I am reluctant to just cancel) and I have not made any adjustments, but it keeps telling me that the oversupply is corrected when it is not, and then the oversupply warning gets triggered again.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 08:33:41 PM »
@Cardinal

30+ or 30- ? A thick week (33.01 on average) could explain the correction, and the next weak one the fact that it fires again.
Edit: my average calculation on your route is more 31-32 than 30. So this scenario seems quite likely.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:36:01 PM by Tha_Ape »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 09:17:39 PM »
True demand is on average 31 per day (the system looks on the weekly average, i.e. true demand), and you supply 67. Ratio is 2.16, so warning is correct but not sure yet why it keeps disappearing.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 09:43:35 PM »
No other cause found that the demand might have changed on some day to 30, and on next calculation round to 31 eliminating the warning. (as mentioned elsewhere the warning is not at exact 200% to avoid nuisances but with such a route the trigger point happens to be just between 30 and 31 with your current supply)

Made a small change that should help in this.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Re: [ok] Self-correcting and repeating oversupply warnings
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 08:33:25 PM »
I got the warning/correction notice again. I've gone ahead and blocked seats on the route.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.