Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Cargo Demand Assymetrical, but only one setting for both directions  (Read 364 times)

Offline dandan

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
GW2, PTY-YCC / YCC-PTY

The cargo demand on the route is very assymetrical; one direction only light cargo, the other direction light and standard. In total about the same quantity. The plane could carry it all, but: there is only one setting for the cargo-distribution on the route, therefore i cant choose only light on one flight and on the return flight light & standard.

Would be useful functionality to be able to adapt both flights seperately. As well as block seats for both flights separately. (If they want me to return the ULD, they can just put the light cargo in the ULD ;) ). Or maybe just make it automatic, that the heavy cargo goes in first (not relevant in this case), then standard, then light?

Offline Zobelle

• Members
Re: Cargo Demand Assymetrical, but only one setting for both directions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 12:49:49 AM »
Just going to bump this, here..

It'd be nice to be able to limit pax on one end but not the other for the odd assymetrical pax demand situation as well..

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 02:09:49 AM »
+ 1

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 09:53:20 AM »
also to block pax/cargo/mixed on a per leg basis, as I could often fly pax during the day one way, then return in the dead hours so would like to just carry belly cargo on the return leg...

S

Offline dandan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 02:58:49 PM »
i guess the best solution is to separate the incoming and outgoing flights into two entities, which would help with:
-blocking of seats / cargo distribution
-pricing
-performance analysis

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 03:21:26 PM »
You may have only light cargo today (or say at the beginning of the game), but as the demand grows, or the catchment area grows, you may get more demand and one higher level of cargo will kick in.

if you lock it at the beginning, then for the rest of the game you will be flying only Light (unless you are going to check 100s or 1000s of flights).

I think it is reasonable to customize on the busier leg, with more demand, and do nothing about the other leg

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »
The way I handle this on TATL flights with 737/A320 freighters is to skip the tech stop (or only stop once) on the leg with low demand and do the stop (or stop twice) on the leg with high demand.

Offline dandan

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 08:58:00 PM »
with the new wind and range calculations, it would be great to get independent cargo settings and seat blocks for each direction! (and if possible for different service classes as well)

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 10:10:12 PM »
With VL combi carrying HC, there really does need to be separate settings on each side of the route.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.