Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: An unrealistic game world  (Read 189 times)

Offline yoshininja

• Members
An unrealistic game world
« on: August 12, 2018, 03:54:01 AM »
Now, before I start I may very well get a load of flak from this suggestion but am going through with it anyway.

I was wondering if we could get a world starting from the 70's and ending in 2030 where everything is cranked up to eleven?
This is what I'm suggesting:

Operational costs 50% lower
Operational revenue increased by 50%
Passenger demand increased by 100%
Fuel costs 50% less
New aircraft take 50% less time to be produced
Option to open 20 base airports
Not have any restrictions at all on where you can fly to or where you can set up a base
A few completely mad world events

Now I'm sure that a fair few of you think this is a stupid idea and you'd be right. However, I want to live out my fantasies of having a completely orange route map and having a fleet of 1,500+ aircraft.

Sincerely,
Someone who wants to use 50 year old 707's on transatlantic routes in 2020

Online wilian.souza2

• Members
Re: An unrealistic game world
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 02:59:57 PM »
I only want Concordes with 50% less fuel burn, double passenger capacity and a turnaround of 20 mins.

Online Zobelle

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 05:39:06 PM »
Now, before I start I may very well get a load of flak from this suggestion but am going through with it anyway.

I was wondering if we could get a world starting from the 70's and ending in 2030 where everything is cranked up to eleven?
This is what I'm suggesting:

Operational costs 50% lower Why just 50%? Letís go 25%
Operational revenue increased by 50% Lets make this 100%
Passenger demand increased by 100% Considering how many airlines, Iíd say better 500%
Fuel costs 50% less Now youíre just getting greedy, but Iíll play along.
New aircraft take 50% less time to be produced Id settle for being able to buy out other players slots with direct delivery
Option to open 20 base airports Useless unless out of base limit is uncapped..
Not have any restrictions at all on where you can fly to or where you can set up a base Besides sheer demand?
A few completely mad world events Not sure where this is going?

Now I'm sure that a fair few of you think this is a stupid idea and you'd be right. However, I want to live out my fantasies of having a completely orange route map and having a fleet of 1,500+ aircraft.
I donít think itís stupid, but Iíve added some revisions..

Sincerely,
Someone who wants to use 50 year old 707's on transatlantic routes in 2020 Id like to see maintenance go more towards cycles and hours flown vs strictly age..

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:17:21 PM »
honestly, what's the point? 10 companies spamming LHR without ever having any difficulties??? As Zo said, better remove the Out of base limit as well(and crash the servers under excessive workload).

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 09:48:49 PM »
I'm sure you could get your wish if you went to the corporate/education side of the house and ordered it up:  https://www.airlinemanagementsim.com/

;D ;D

Offline yoshininja

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 11:06:43 PM »
honestly, what's the point? 10 companies spamming LHR without ever having any difficulties???

I thought people did that anyway?
And yes, the out of base limit would have to be thrown out the window to keep up with demand. As for the server having a hissy fit, I would say limit the player numbers on the server to 100 or 150 to keep it sort of sensible.

Offline Mr. Alpha

• Members

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 12:33:50 PM »
Quote from: Zobelle
Id like to see maintenance go more towards cycles and hours flown vs strictly age..
This please :laugh:

Online Mort

• Members

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 02:29:16 PM »
I'm sure you could get your wish if you went to the corporate/education side of the house and ordered it up:  https://www.airlinemanagementsim.com/

;D ;D

A private server would definitely be quite cool!

Offline yoshininja

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 03:54:11 PM »
A private server like that could be quite interesting with a very small number of places like say below 100 airlines so the more realistic and hardcore players don't even need to look at it when selecting their game world.

Offline Talentz

• Members

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »
That all sounds great except something like that has been tried and didn't turn out to be that great. Sami set-up a private GW and a select few played. Most people left after a short while and no one really cared. The problem was the lack of competition between the players in the GW. Open GW meant no challenge after a few days. No challenge equals no reward for perceived success.

What makes AWS fun to play is the competition you get from other players. The emotional/mental buy-in of success and/or failure of living out the dream. Ask any longtime or "hardcore" player whats the best and worst part of AWS and they will tell you: The beginning rush is the best part while playing by yourself for 50yrs is the worst.

I get players want to live out there dream, but playing in a GW devoid of real competition isn't going live out that dream. You'll more likely to end up with an empty feeling of accomplishment and less credits.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline yoshininja

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »
I hear you.

In which case, keep the demand the same as in other game worlds to keep the competition but at the same time give players more incentive to try out their personal favourite planes even though they may not be the most efficient ones around along with allowing them to open bases anywhere in the world if people want to play with franchises.
Sort of how Comair in South Africa is a franchise of BA. That sort of thing.

Offline Obelix

• Members
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 07:59:48 AM »
I dont see the reason, the game is so easy as is, making it easier would simply make it booring, lets get a gw thats harder then normal, not easier

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.