Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Financial responsibility of AI Aircraft Brokers  (Read 317 times)

Offline DanDan

• Members
[-] Financial responsibility of AI Aircraft Brokers
« on: July 27, 2018, 09:33:59 AM »
Have you ever wondered, why there are so many well maintained 20+ year old aircraft offered with a good D or C check dirtcheap by AI Brokers?

- In some cases, its cheaper to lease one of those planes for 11 months rather then going through a C check for your own plane! Dump your own, get the lease for a year or so and when it is about to need a new C check, dump the plane and lease another one. The lease for a year is much less than the C check costs. Just fascinating how much AI invest in C/D checks of aircraft.

- Or maybe just check in GW2 the production list of 747-400s: like the last 100 planes of the series were purchased by AI... most have not even seen an hour of flying time.

- And why do they always buy the baseline model? The resale value of a plane is highest with the highest MTOW, the other planes are useless on the market really.

Now I would really like to see a special feature implemented: Financial accounting of the plane sales/leases/purchases/checks the AI Brokers are doing! What are they spending on purchases and C/D. How much they earn from leases and sales. With that, maybe in the long-run, the AI could be a bit improved (after all, the "I" does not stand for idiot ;) )!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:29:03 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Financial responsibility of AI Aircraft Brokers
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 03:28:59 PM »
AI brokers have no cash or financial system whatsoever. The maintenances and other stuff just happens when ever the system sees that a/c needs one. And no plans to add those either, as a supply of maintained and good condition aircraft by the AI is essential for the game balance (in case there is no player supply).

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: [-] Financial responsibility of AI Aircraft Brokers
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:27:55 AM »
I agree with Sami. The system is far from perfect, and does strange things(as buying out my IL96-400T without any hope of making any money on it), but the system would be even worse without them. It ensures there are always some kind of airframes on the market.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.