Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Delay delivery of new aircrafts  (Read 267 times)

Online stealy

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] Delay delivery of new aircrafts
« on: July 20, 2018, 04:27:20 AM »
I think it would be beneficial and useful for airlines if they are given the ability to delay delivery of their new aircrafts, perhaps for a fee.

It’s a very common practice for airlines in real life to delay delivery of their new aircrafts for financial and or operational reasons. It’s a big burden for airlines to try to pay for multiple aircrafts from different production lines at the same time, especially when they don’t even need the new planes yet. Production slots often change and push up/ back the original slot the airlines anticipated and leave them in a bad financial and or operational state.

This will be beneficial not only for the airlines delaying their delivery, but also airlines that are desperate to receive their aircrafts earlier as they can have the earlier slot now.

I hope you would consider this feature request. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:52:35 PM by Sami »

Offline Zobelle

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Delay delivery of new aircrafts
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 04:45:42 AM »
I would support a slot trading system. Not that you can't coordinate this now with close communication, but let's say three airlines will plan to fly the same type. All can place heavy (200) orders in and once production line expansion settles out deliveries, the three airlines can trade slots in such a fashion that will allow them fast deliveries in a compressed time period.

All dates are coincidental and are completely unrelated to any GW in existence.

Original deliveries:
Airline A, B, and C 1999-2009

After trade:
Airline A) 1999-2003

Airline B) 2003-2006

Airline C) 2007-2009

How the airlines settle who goes first is up to them.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Delay delivery of new aircrafts
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 12:52:30 PM »
No changes currently planned for any of the a/c delivery components. Gets a bit too complicated.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.