Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] GW1: Pax demand across the board just going down  (Read 426 times)

Offline sleak76

• Members
[-] GW1: Pax demand across the board just going down
« on: July 07, 2018, 04:35:10 PM »
I'm based at KWI and during 1991 (I presume Gulf war??) demand for cargo dropped (naturally) and then by 1992 it slowly started to increase. This is fine. However I have noticed passenger demand has dropped as well. I would say it may have started to drop since the USSR collapse but the passenger demand fall I am facing is across the entire EU and most other countries elsewhere. When previously I would comfortably fly double daily B763 to one city i now find passenger demand to have dropped so much that my LF are less than 50% and need to deploy 320's.

At this rate I'll end up with just a fleet of 319's.

There must be something wrong with the game's calculations as this is the third game year now and I still don't see passenger demand rebounding. Would appreciate if someone can give this a second look.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:53:59 AM by Sami »

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: GW1: Pax demand across the board just going down
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 07:06:38 PM »
Kuwait was reduced to rubble during the Persian Gulf war and never really recovered after that. You're seeing the system give you a soft landing on 0 demand I suspect...

Offline sleak76

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 07:33:24 AM »
Note: I'm looking for a moderator's answer to the game's possible bug, rather than a regular member throwing incorrect hypothesis around.

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 02:08:37 PM »
Ouch!

Post Gulf war demand at Baghdad is very weird too. Most destinations down to 5 pax demand while many long haul routes are completely healthy with hundreds
of demand.... no logic at all. Probably needs a look at.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 02:11:44 PM »
Ouch!

Post Gulf war demand at Baghdad is very weird too. Most destinations down to 5 pax demand while many long haul routes are completely healthy with hundreds
of demand.... no logic at all. Probably needs a look at.

No bug at all, a feature.

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 03:24:12 PM »
Note: I'm looking for a moderator's answer to the game's possible bug, rather than a regular member throwing incorrect hypothesis around.

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members

The 7 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »

Waits patiently for Sami to come in and give the same answer.....
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Offline sleak76

• Members

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 04:21:43 PM »
Waits patiently for Sami to come in and give the same answer.....

Note 2: I am happy to get a rational reason off Sami but in the meantime, if your remark does not add value (and it didn't) why not scan the other forum pages for someone who really does care for your useless input?

Offline Talentz

• Members

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 05:38:30 PM »
I thought it was just pouring outside ~ then I checked the bug report section of the AWS forums -  8)

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 8 people who like this post:
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 06:28:14 PM »

I would appreciate if you wouldn't be so negative towards other members.

While I do read every report usually on the same day they are reported (to classify the "severeness"), I normally don't reply until it is resolved or if more info is needed. In the meantime I do find it helpful that other members can comment or help, if they have some knowledge about it. Though it's true that they do not know / see everything I do, but in many cases where the bug report has been only an user error their responses have been helpful in saving my time.

Back to topic: Tomorrow is my "bug day" so will see to this closer at that point. Though unless I am wrong, Kuwait should not have any major changes to the demand. However the global game world demand trends do have up and downward turns too...

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 10:45:01 PM »
Note 2: I am happy to get a rational reason off Sami but in the meantime, if your remark does not add value (and it didn't) why not scan the other forum pages for someone who really does care for your useless input?

Might I suggest taking your own advice, sir. Attack a long time, very knowledgeable player who gives an answer based on 10 years of AWS experience and you may want to expect sarcastic replies.
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 11:53:37 AM »
KWI airport has no gulf war model made into it. There has been a slow global downturn in the air travel lately (which should recover soon), and this is the probable reason. While the actual global demand has gone down less than 10% the effects to actual demand from each airport might vary. But not a bug, and expected to recover soon anyway.

Offline sleak76

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 06:28:05 PM »
I would appreciate if you wouldn't be so negative towards other members.

In the meantime I do find it helpful that other members can comment or help, if they have some knowledge about it.

My first comment was hardly negative but has simply stated what you have just said above, in that if someone has knowledge or a fact that can help me solve my problem then that is appreciated. Failing that, no added value was added to a bug report I have opened, at least not until you gave the game a closer look.

Of course this doesn't take into account the negative posts coming from a ZombieSlayer which certainly has not added any value to this post. I trust this post will also serve to ask him - and others - to keep their negativity and sarcasm at bay when some of the users would like to seriously discuss a possible bug.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: [-] GW1: Pax demand across the board just going down
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 11:36:00 PM »
We're not at work, the forum are (usually) a quiet place. Sometimes there are even some jokes.
While there was certainly a bit of sarcasm in ZS's post, I felt no negativity at all, just experience.
Meanwhile, your request for comments from Sami-only-and-nobody-else seemed a bit contemptuous towards the other players' experience and feedback (even if it wasn't what you meant).

Let's keep cool - you can disregard someone's statement without rejecting it coldly.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.