Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] 9/11  (Read 531 times)

Offline Oscjo290

• Members
[ok] 9/11
« on: July 06, 2018, 02:35:57 PM »
Hi, i want to make a proposal to change 9/11 back to what it once was, make it great again, in a certain way, the event based 9/11 is far too easy to withstand in my opinion, i want to make a request to have it moved back to the old hard coded event where the actual pax demand was lowerd and slowly grew back over several game years not the few months in the event one, this would make 9/11 being more interesting for companies to fight to survive, in just 24rl hours im back to making nearly pre 9/11 amounts, This would make the game more intressting in my opinion

Anyone agreeing with me?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:46:45 AM by Sami »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Re: 9/11
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 04:08:54 PM »
Don't know how the previous one was, but this one (from GW#2) and the last one I experienced (last GW#4) were sure a bit lame. Currently in GW#2, I never went in red, not even on operational profits. So while a long term low pax numbers would hinder me, a quick drop in pax leaves me almost unharmed, just like if I forgot to raise salaries and have to give a bonus.
And the only companies BKing are some that were already in the death trap before 9-11.

So something maybe not more violent (not just raise % and figures) but at least more tricky (change mechanism ?) to deal with could sure be interesting.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 07:23:36 PM »
I respectfully disagree with the OP. Leave it as it is as it affects USA airlines primarily. Neither of the above based in the USA in GW2.

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 12:03:08 AM »
I think it should stay as is HOWEVER have more 9/11 type events be possible in a game. Random and unpredictable. Sami could just put there will be X number of major events in the course of this GW. Then hold on to your socks.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 01:29:25 AM »
I propose using the current random events of a/c accidents and safety concerns to cause the following in demand:

- minor aircraft accidents, hijack threats and bomb threats would hit demand locally (-1% on the country it happened, duration: ~2 weeks);
- safety concerns would affect demand locally (-3% on the country it happened, duration: ~1 month);
- major aircraft accidents would mildly hit demand worldwide (-2% worldwide, -5% in the country it happened);
- 9/11 and similar events could be more aggressive.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 09:10:09 AM »
I respectfully disagree with the OP. Leave it as it is as it affects USA airlines primarily. Neither of the above based in the USA in GW2.

While I completely understand your point, and it's sound, on the other hand I don't really see a difference in effect on US companies compared to other countries' companies (past the initial 3 days grounding).

So as non-US carrier I'm maybe not the right person to ask for it, not as legit as a US one, neither is Obelix, but the request is still based on the very same facts.

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 09:10:49 AM »
I think it should stay as is HOWEVER have more 9/11 type events be possible in a game. Random and unpredictable. Sami could just put there will be X number of major events in the course of this GW. Then hold on to your socks.

big anti-trust measures at random times when the leading alliance see's all its planes sized for anti-trust collusion

8-)

Joking!

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 12:40:17 PM »
 I have not played in a long enough sim scenario, so I need to ask.  Are all real-world aviation tragedies reenacted in the sim?  For instance are all DC10s and other aircraft grounded in the sim as they have been from time to time in real life?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 01:39:20 PM »
I have not played in a long enough sim scenario, so I need to ask.  Are all real-world aviation tragedies reenacted in the sim?  For instance are all DC10s and other aircraft grounded in the sim as they have been from time to time in real life?

No, there's no such thing.
The bigger events are long railway strikes (more pax, on a country basis) and stock market crisis (less pax, on a continental basis).

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 06:11:45 PM »

No but I like this idea!!!

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 06:28:00 PM »

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,75807.msg444740.html#msg444740

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.