Author Topic: EEU  (Read 250 times)

Offline MuzhikRB

• Members
EEU
« on: July 02, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »
Eurasian Economic union

This was formed in 2001. Russia, Kazahstan, Belarus, Armenia, Kyrgystan
http://www.eaeunion.org/?lang=en#about-countries

Basically it is the same like EU in Europe. No customs, No visas.

I have checked 2 GWs I playing in: 2 and 3. Only Kasakhstan has been somehow attractive to have one company based in.

What I am proposing: Allow players based in this countries open new bases within EEU. Basically it will increase fun for Russia based players. In long GWs these players almost covered everything possible by the time of USSR collapse. They are also usually loosing some outside of Russia bases. So giving them this opportunity will add some fun to them.

What do you think ?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: EEU
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:48:24 PM »
It's not about customs or visas, but about the freedoms of air traffic. It can be easily modelled but have to see some source data a) if those air traffic freedoms exist and to what level, b) when it started
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:52:04 PM by Sami »

Offline MuzhikRB

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »
I gave a link.

Even it may have no free air traffic (I really dont know) - but this is game and this implementation will not add any inbalance but more fun.

Offline TheLostNZ

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 01:10:43 PM »
same could be said about the Australia, New Zealand agreement that has been in place for eons, im trying to find the official documents but australia and new zealand have the 9th freedom and as far as i can tell always have, for the last 30 years there has always been at least 1 australian company operating in new zealand, both with NZ registration (ZK for Ansett new zealand and Qantas New zealand, both where owned and operated by their australian parent) and australian registration, Jetstar(domestic and international) and VA uses VH on all aircraft, with australian charter airline Alliance also operating in New Zealand.

this agreement extends to operations out of the cook islands and Tuvalu (both administered by the New Zealand government) for instance Virgin Australia operates VA99 from Avarua to Christchurch but this flight starts in Australia. so far no new zealand airline has operated inside australia but they are permitted to if they wish.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.