Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help with controlling maintenance costs  (Read 663 times)

Offline fwetmore

• Members
Help with controlling maintenance costs
« on: June 30, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »
Guys, I have profitable routes, but I can't understand why my weekly maintenance costs are more than I bring in on my routes combined, and they are all small to mid-ranged airplanes.  This caused my to bankrupt the first airline I started.  Any suggestions?

I have 2 Vickers Viking Eagles, 1 DC6, 1 DH114 Heron 1, and 1 CV340 and my weekly maintenance costs are 133,000+

Offline deovrat

• Members
Re: Help with controlling maintenance costs
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »
Firstly, you have a fleet of only 5 at the moment.
The overheads in staffing and maintenance are not likely to be made up by only 5 aircraft, and not anytime soon by such 15-25 seater aircraft.
The situation is further compounded by the fact that you have 4 fleet types amongst them.

Secondly, your fleet utilization is quite low. You are not wringing those birds enough at all.

So basically, you need more frames, larger frames (DC6B is a good line, get more of those), and you need to fly them quite more. Learn to use 7 day schedule on those.

Offline fwetmore

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
Thanks...I just discovered the the DC6 is the main problem aircraft.  It is costing 25,000+ weekly and I'm not generating enough income from it.  Yes you are right, I'm not using them enough, so I'll try changing that.

Offline fwetmore

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 01:07:19 PM »
It would appear that I am screwed on this one...there aren't anymore airports with demand that I can use this plane on for a second route.  So it looks pretty bad as I am going to run out of money in a few days

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 01:10:29 PM »
Basically, when you start an airline, you want to stick to only 1 or 2 different types until you reach 70-80 frames in total. Then you can add a 3rd one.
4th and above are not recommended at all, except during renewals.

Small a/c are difficult to make break even in this game, really, so better take a starting airport where you can at least fly 40-seaters.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 04:28:29 PM »
Age of planes also impacts maintenance costs.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 05:27:35 PM »
Age of planes also impacts maintenance costs.

A/c condition too.

And while the supply of used aircraft from players is still low, you must pay attention to the aircraft's condition offered by AI brokers - take the ones with condition > 85%. Aircraft offered by players don't have the condition issue, as mandatory A/B checks keep them next to 100%.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 06:32:44 AM »
Aircraft offered by players don't have the condition issue, as mandatory A/B checks keep them next to 100%.

...unless the player has cash in the red and can't afford maintenance anymore.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 02:33:20 PM »
But I didn't see such a thing yet. I remember I sold an aircraft at 85% condition, but it was for brokering purposes; I took it from an AI broker at 60% condition, made an extra check and then sold it for $ 10M more. But I haven't seen any other player aircraft at less than 90% yet.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.