what Yield c/ RPK,,Revenue C/ ASK meaning?

Started by weshallfly, June 27, 2018, 12:19:53 PM

weshallfly

can someone explain what is that c with / inside it ?and how that number of yield or revenue is calculated? (i know that rpk is revenue passenger killometres and ASK available seat killometres,i dont know that c/) please make an  example,thanks in advance

dagwood

Shro answered this before. Here is his answer:

"I've of course changed my configuration to show miles... so I'll likely use RSM/ASM instead of RPK/ASK.  If you're googling, try RASM in your search. Its an industry standard measure of unit revenue, as CASM is an industry standard unit measurement of cost. I'm not a fan of the acronyms used in game, but such is life - not worth complaing about.

RPM = Revenue Passenger Mile (Passengers carried * miles flown)
ASM = Available Seat Miles (Seats on a plane * miles flown)
Y, RPM = Yield per Revenue Passenger Mile (Flight Revenue / RPM)
Y, ASM aka RASM = Yield per Available Seat Mile (Flight Revenue / ASM)
LF = Load Factor (Passengers carried / available seats)

Now that we have everything defined, lets look at a couple of key relationships and impacts.

Y, RPM is pretty worthless. The only thing that impacts it is your fare price and your mix of Y/C/F seats.
Y, RPM * LF = RASM
ASM * LF = RPM

As a general rule, the shorter the stage length the flight is, the higher your RASM numbers will be.  Short haul you can easily see 25 cents to a dollar per mile, whereas longhaul you'll be lucky to hit 15 cents per mile.

In the context of the game, the most useful scenario for these figures, specifically the RASM figure, is to help you determine if you made a good change for pricing.  Lets say your raise the price on a route by 10% but the LF drops less than that. Your RASM will go up meaning you're making more money at the higher fare price carrying less passengers than you were at the lower price with more passengers. "