Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How is this possible?  (Read 867 times)

Offline SloLo

• Members
Re: How is this possible?
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 01:10:51 PM »
How on earth does one find the time in one's day to find and create schedules for 200 aircraft in one block. I can spend an hour setting up schedules for 2 aircraft with my regional airline. Of course, I've been playing this game for all of 4 days. Maybe there is some magical-auto-schedule-creator-wizard-widget-thingy that I haven't found. Or are some of you guys coding up a bot to play the game for you?

Online deovrat

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 01:24:15 PM »
Practice. Then more practice. Then learning to create 7 day schedules. Then more practice. Then failure because you got overconfident and didn't check every little detail in 7 day scheduling. Then even more practice.

Thats all to it really.

In any case, nobody creates 200 aircraft schedules in one go. Nobody receives 200 aircraft in one stroke, as in real life. If you are only sourcing from 1 line, then about 7 aircraft come around in 2-4 real days.

Even at the extreme end, you are receiving from multiple lines, add to it any aircraft you get from UM, and at most we are looking at 14 aircraft in one real day. Thats 2 7-day schedules. Thats about 15 minutes work for the demi-Gods of this game, increasing to about an hour for the rest.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:26:37 PM by deovrat »

Offline SloLo

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 01:37:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I guess with experience, you can purchase 200 aircraft without a meticulous plan for how they will be used to generate a suitable ROI for the risk. The decision to buy is based on faith that past experience will be your friend finding profitable applications for all those assets. I haven't purchased an aircraft yet without knowing exactly how I will get my ROI. (I have the schedule planned or aircraft to replace determined before making the order.) I'll have to learn to make such gambles on faith that if I order it, the ROI will come.

Offline xBuzz

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 02:22:41 PM »
Well this game world has been going on for about 6 in game years now, so most players know the rate at which they can expand, where the competition and opportunities lie.

At this stage in the game, most players will be trying to buy their own fleets, moving from their rented fleets that everyone had at the start, so when you see people ordering hundreds, most of those are probably going to go to replace existing rented aircraft. Others buy a lot to either sell to other players, or to sell within their alliances.

I know it looks confusing if you're new (i'm fairly new myself), but the game worlds are long, and you learn a lot simply by playing.

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 06:28:05 PM »
when my kid was 12 he paid people in China to do his Runescape moves for him, running around gathering firewood and gathering gold coins etc!

I've toyed with the idea how nice it would be to have an assistant in airwaysim to do all the donkey work - moving routes to new fleets, playing with pricing, keeping an eye on new routes and production slots, watching for slots to open up etc etc. As a big CEO do you think Donald Trump personally goes around washing the windows on Trump Tower?

Just kidding. But it would be nice to outsource the fiddly stuff 8-)

Simon

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 05:24:31 AM »
You may want to brush up on the Manual about account usage. That sort of gameplay could land in you in trouble.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.