Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Schedule Planning Virtual Airframes  (Read 275 times)

Offline George Bush

• Members
[-] Schedule Planning Virtual Airframes
« on: May 18, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »
Similar to purchasing routes with no slots for planning. I think being able to schedule an air frame before purchasing for scheduling would be a great addition.

So for instance
    • Create 7 Virtual 787 (airframe / engine MTOW of choice)
    • Fill the 7 day schedule with your no slot routes for planning.
    • Purchase Aircraft
    • Transfer Virtual Aircraft w/ schedule to real aircraft you just purchased.
    • Prompt with total costs an option to purchase slots associated if available

Add it under Schedule as virtual schedule or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:07:41 PM by Sami »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Re: Schedule Planning Virtual Airframes
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 01:26:50 PM »
While I think this might be very, very useful, especially for long/large renewals, I think it would precisely break the role renewals have.
By game mechanics, they are meant as a complicated time for your airline, lowering your margin through the increased fleet number. This is also used to balance the game and force airlines not to be profitable all the time, even though they are well managed.
Doing so would take off that balancing tool and revenues would probably have to be lower, in order to compensate for the lack of this organized loss.

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 01:37:43 PM »
While I think this might be very, very useful, especially for long/large renewals, I think it would precisely break the role renewals have.
By game mechanics, they are meant as a complicated time for your airline, lowering your margin through the increased fleet number. This is also used to balance the game and force airlines not to be profitable all the time, even though they are well managed.
Doing so would take off that balancing tool and revenues would probably have to be lower, in order to compensate for the lack of this organized loss.

I agree it will simplify some aspects for renewals and very large fleet swaps. I know quite a few of the long time players just do it with Excel (so likely they are not affected) Newer players who haven't quite had 10 years to build their personal schedule planner in excel would definitely benefit. The process would require a similar amount of time however, and would in my case be a fun way to plan for my airlines future between lulls in ticket revenues. Assist in making that second and third fleet choice etc.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 02:08:51 PM »
Here is a feature request on that and more (in the wrong forum, because this forum was closed at the time):

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,54631.0.html

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 02:18:51 PM »
I also came up with an idea very similar to yours (https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,74599.msg437293.html#msg437293)

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 09:30:21 PM »
Not surprised its mentioned before parts are implemented honestly but not complete. I can plan routes just cant plan schedules on various airframes. Heck maybe I want to see what my Concorde fleet would look like.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.