Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Separate fuel price for AVGAS and JET-A  (Read 349 times)

Offline Cedric3108

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] Separate fuel price for AVGAS and JET-A
« on: May 11, 2018, 05:09:37 PM »
Currently playing GW4, which is in the transitional period from piston powered aircraft to turbine powered ones, one thing occurred to me: the piston powered airplanes use quite a lot less fuel for a similar sized aircraft than the turbine powered ones do, even when corrected for speed. Now while I'm sure the AWS data on this matter is accurate a thought crossed my mind: they use different types of fuel! Piston powered airplanes use AVGAS, while turboprops and jets use JET-A. I honestly don't have the historical data on the price difference between the two, but at least today AVGAS is usually about 3 times the price of JET-A. If this correlation also existed in the past, than the game would unfairly favor piston powered airplanes compared to real life.
I think the most elegant solution to this would be to have two graphs on the fuel chart, one for AVGAS, one for JET-A. On the aircraft page it would be specified which kind of fuel is used by this airplane. Something like "1890kg/h AVGAS" for a DC-6B for example. I would imagine that the two graphs start rather close together and start to drift apart over time, making piston powered airplanes more expensive to run as time goes on. But I think this should be loosely based on historic data, so someone would need to check that out.

Hope anyone besides me finds this idea interesting.

Cheers,
Cedric
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:48:46 PM by Sami »

Offline schro

• Members

Offline Cedric3108

• Members
Re: Separate fuel price for AVGAS and JET-A
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 06:01:51 PM »
alright thanks... not gonna happen then, I guess...

Offline [ATA] Frimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 07:30:30 PM »
it would be good though if it was added..

it would add a new dynamic to the early years and push people towards some of the fuel hungry planes rather than stretching out the use of the pistons.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 07:41:50 PM »
Yes and no.
What about places where they kept using old crap because they had nothing else but fuel was cheap so it was ok?
Fuel in the game is the same for all. Not IRL.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 07:48:36 PM »
Previously requested, and will not be added.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.