Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Crew demand seems random  (Read 346 times)

Offline DanDan

• Members
[-] Crew demand seems random
« on: May 09, 2018, 09:33:04 AM »
Now i was wondering about some planes before that seem to have unprecise crew demand:

1) Very small planes need too much flight crew in my opinion:
Planes like the "Islander" or the "Caravan" need 2 flight crew, which seemed weird to me, since IRL they are flown by a single pilot. Now I checked, and I found following discussion on this topic. https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,26220.msg133707.html#msg133707

If i understand the text quoted by Sami correctly, this means, that planes
- below 10 pax maximum certified seating
- with props (not jets)
can be actually flown by 1 pilot in IFR, right? So why not adapt the aircraft stats accordingly?

2) Cabin Crew demand on aircraft should be variable:
AFAIK Cabin Crew demand on aircraft usually is a minimum of 1 attendant per 50 seats. Theoretically, if someone fits 201 seats on an A321, they need min 5 cabin crew.
If someone fits 150 seats in a A320, it needs 3 cabin crew only. Would be nice if that could be reflected.

Would be nice to get some feedback.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:53:35 AM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Crew demand seems random
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »
1) I think my quote there still stands. I work also for a small commercial business jet operator and they fly always with two pilots -> no changes needed

2) Open request exists of this. And FYI A320 needs always 4 CAs even with less than 150 seats (we used to fly A320 with 3 CAs but then "someone" found out that it cannot be done, after many years of flying ..., and it changed to 4.. though only a few years after that they added more seats so it is over 150 now so 4 anyway, but it is always not that simple)

Offline DanDan

• Members
Re: Crew demand seems random
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 12:41:51 PM »
1) I think my quote there still stands. I work also for a small commercial business jet operator and they fly always with two pilots -> no changes needed

@1: i read your quote, thats why i am saying: it is for all JETS and props certified for 10 or more pax, according to my reading of it. but props below 10 pax should be fine with 1 pilot

@2: thanks for clarifying. but yes, the regulations also depend per country and are quite complicated (i think in canada its 1per40 pax & 1per50 seats or something like that)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.