Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Noise certification and hushkits  (Read 639 times)

Offline Luperco

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] Noise certification and hushkits
« on: April 26, 2018, 08:13:01 AM »
Now that, in GW2, some hush-kits for chapter 3 is out, shouldn't new aircrafts of the same type be sold with the hush-kits already installed?

Or, at least, have a choices to install it when purchasing. Otherwise one need to wait for the aircraft and them wait another 15 days for the hush-kits installation.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:37:00 PM by Sami »
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline Cardinal

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Noise certification and hushkits
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 03:27:49 PM »
IIRC, hushkits were always a 3rd-party modification, not a manufacturer option. Older types are always sold for far longer in AWS than they were for real, so any plane that needed them was already out of production. By 1982 the DC-9 had been succeeded by the MD-80 which had the stage 3-compliant JT8D-200 series engines. The 737-200 ended production in 1988.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 09:07:20 AM »
I agree, but, in real life, there isn't penalty for fleet commonality. At least not for Dc-9 and MD80, that is an improved DC-9, indeed it was called, initially Dc-9 Super 80.

The commonality is the only reason why the DC-9 will last till the end of 90ies, if not later.

I'm not suggesting to eliminate the fleet commonality, but if the Douglas keep selling the DC-9 till 2000, I'm sure it sells them with chapter 3 specification  :)
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 09:25:20 AM »
And the F100 was initially called the F28 Mk 0100 :P :)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 05:36:55 PM »
Since hushkits (and other upgrades) are always "aftermarket" modifications, they won't be made available for new orders.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 06:10:30 PM »
The commonality is the only reason why the DC-9 will last till the end of 90ies, if not later.

The other is the MD 80s and 90s not having a cargo aircraft... MD 80s will have one only in the 2010s.

I'm annoyed at the fact I run 2 fleets counted as 3 (DC9, MD80, L1011). It's not fair, as I don't have much advantage in operating both DC9s and MD80s... The first allows me to operate cargo and lower demand routes, and the latter allows me transport more pax per flight on busier routes and longer distances, and soon I will start to get too small warnings on routes longer than 2500 NM...

Offline Talentz

• Members
Re: [-] Noise certification and hushkits
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »
The answer to me is fleet change the MD80s to 737 classics. The combi and freighter models come out in 2002. You can then drop the freighter models of the DC9 and have one fleet total.

Don't need to do it right now. You can probably work on replacing the Tristars with a model that has better range, payload capabilities and freighter/combi variants.... Hey I think there's one out there right now!

You have 12 years till the 737 has all variants. That's plenty of time to figure out your next move.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
Re: [-] Noise certification and hushkits
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 01:51:47 AM »
I see the move from DC9s to 737s as the only option available for me right now. The only problem I see is that 737 classics are slightly slower and require slightly longer turnarounds than DC9s, so transfering schedules won't be so "plug and play"

And I do consider replacing Tristars right now, as I have explored everything I could with it. The problem is the amount of investment for a fleet change: it feels that no matter what you earn right now, it's never enough to do what you wish...  :(
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 01:54:27 AM by wilian.souza2 »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.