Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Taxes in Regional Game  (Read 511 times)

Offline George Bush

• Members
Taxes in Regional Game
« on: April 15, 2018, 09:05:28 PM »
As we are coming to a close.... Next time pick an income tax free HQ.... 700M in Taxes a quarter. Lesson learned.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Taxes in Regional Game
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 08:20:33 AM »
As we are coming to a close.... Next time pick an income tax free HQ.... 700M in Taxes a quarter. Lesson learned.

tax free HQs often are located in areas where personal cost a lot. Think twice about it before planning. It's far more subtle than you think. Anyways I'll finish second in company value, and not by far, and after not played between 2019 & 2023(family reasons), having started in a country with 30% taxes and 156% salary level. The guy who beat me started in singapore, only 20% of tax rate, but 204% of relative salary costs. And he's taking the salary costs with him everywhere he goes.

What did beat you is that other companies at your starting HQ made a much better start than you(one even did a better start than me). They BK'd later, but you had lost precious time then. I wouldn't have been that efficient with real strong opposition in Frankfurt. Opposition slowed down your growth. Certainly not the tax level or the salary costs. With the level of revenue we all have in this game, expenses are negligible compared to income.

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 11:05:45 AM »
tax free HQs often are located in areas where personal cost a lot. Think twice about it before planning. It's far more subtle than you think. Anyways I'll finish second in company value, and not by far, and after not played between 2019 & 2023(family reasons), having started in a country with 30% taxes and 156% salary level. The guy who beat me started in singapore, only 20% of tax rate, but 204% of relative salary costs. And he's taking the salary costs with him everywhere he goes.

What did beat you is that other companies at your starting HQ made a much better start than you(one even did a better start than me). They BK'd later, but you had lost precious time then. I wouldn't have been that efficient with real strong opposition in Frankfurt. Opposition slowed down your growth. Certainly not the tax level or the salary costs. With the level of revenue we all have in this game, expenses are negligible compared to income.

Good advice hadn't thought about the salary side. I definitely got hobbled early on by the high slot costs and stiff competitor in Tokyo. It was not until my first expansion (that I did fairly early on that I was able to grow). The other thing that hobbled me is that expansion I assumed I was restricted to Japan... So next time read the game setup in more detail haha.

Should be an interesting sprint to the end the 2-4 Score slots have been flip flopping quite a bit. I am excited however to make top 3 in a few areas. Good game.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:43:14 PM »
Score is a strange beast, that can change greatly at the last day. Went down from 3rd to 5th in previous GW3 the last day :(

Good game, anyways, I just regret not to have been really playing for the whole duration of the game. I did learn quite a few tricks about initial growth.

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 09:56:09 PM »
Score is a strange beast, that can change greatly at the last day. Went down from 3rd to 5th in previous GW3 the last day :(

Good game, anyways, I just regret not to have been really playing for the whole duration of the game. I did learn quite a few tricks about initial growth.

Haha I watched you early on explosive would be the word I would use for your initial growth..... it was obvious when you took a break as you slowed away way down.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 06:20:33 AM »
Haha I watched you early on explosive would be the word I would use for your initial growth..... it was obvious when you took a break as you slowed away way down.

Long story short, my son was born, a few weeks earlier than expected. With a few small health problems. More important than AWS.  ;D

Explosive growth is the fruit of careful planning, clever use of the game mechanics(without exploits, of course)...and luck with opposition. If you happen to spawn in the middle of a Tulip-Sirion-Iron Eagle fight, you know it will be hard. I just had a pax player who didn't really defend its chances(5 planes the first year), and a cargo pure player in a setting where cargo first was not a good idea. Helped a lot.

Online deovrat

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »

Offline George Bush

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 08:03:45 PM »
Congrats gazz!  I am going to need you to scrap 10 planes before 1 Jan in this world however.... haha

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »
I am going to need you to scrap 10 planes before 1 Jan in this world however.... haha

28 leases will come to an end in Janury 2025. Do they count???  ;D

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 02:46:37 AM »
28 leases will come to an end in Janury 2025. Do they count???  ;D

Well played sir well played.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.